About Charitable Impact
Charitable Impact started as a bold idea and evolved quickly into an unwavering belief: everyone should have access to resources that help them build the brighter future they imagine. Our online platform is like a bank account for charitable giving. Anyone can use it to find and give to their favourite charities from one place, give with friends and others, and get support with making their biggest impact possible. So far, Canadians across the country have donated tens of millions of dollars through our platform.
We take care of each other
Our team members enjoy competitive salaries, purposeful perks, and a culture that gives back and has fun doing it. We support each other, learn from one another, and grow together. We're on an adventure to make giving an intentional and joyful part of daily life! So, come and join us, and let's build a brighter future together.
What you'll do
The Internal Engagement and Communications Coordinator supports the Manager, Internal Engagement and Communications, and plays a critical role in nurturing our unique team culture at Charitable Impact.
Helping staff feel informed is an important part of the job. You'll assist in delivering engagement opportunities that encourage connection, support communication, and reinforce Charitable Impact's core values. Ultimately, your communication and engagement work will help develop an even more aligned, effective, and thriving team. Your success will depend not only on your creativity and drive, but also your ability to empathize and collaborate with others.
- Participate in developing, improving and implementing communications solutions, practices, programs, and tools
- Plan, edit, and write effective communications that connect and engage the team
- Manage the company-wide intranet with a focus on supporting team member needs and boosting employee engagement
- Support the facilitation of weekly huddles, including gathering updates, organizing speaker card, and posting and sharing huddle notes
- Gather input from staff and be a resource for bringing people together and getting teams on the same page
- Be consistent with keeping both the Vancouver and Bengaluru Onboarding Experiences relevant and all program assets up to date
- Assist with the execution of internal events and engagement experiences that align with our core values, create connection across teams, and support leadership communications
- Lead the administration of employee engagement programs; for example, rewards and recognition, that support the communications strategy and company culture.
- Act as an internal communications and culture champion, supporting senior leaders and team members in developing more effective ways of communicating and connecting internally
What we're looking for
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in similar or related roles
- Passionate about people, community, communications, engagement, and team culture
- You know how to connect with people, create fun, and inspire others to get involved
- You have an openness to learning and willingness to try new things
- Proven communication abilities (written, verbal, visual) and are comfortable speaking in front of a crowd
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with others. Strong organizational skills, with an ability to multitask and effectively prioritize deliverables.
- Passionate about Charitable Impact's mission and excited to create the change you want to see in the world.
What we offer
- Extended health care benefits. Vision, dental and paramedical.
- Annual health spending account. To spend on what's important to you.
- Professional development. We believe in supporting our team members achieve their professional goals.
- RRSP matching. To encourage you to save for your future.
- Monthly donation matching. To encourage you to give.
- Rest and relaxation. Minimum three weeks paid annual vacation for all team members.
- Flexibility. Flexible work schedules and remote work options.
Our people make us great
We love working with creative and open-minded people who bring imagination and courage to work, who treat others with respect and kindness, and who act on their generosity each day. We're committed to building an inclusive and collaborative workplace that values equity and welcomes everyone.
At Charitable Impact, we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of our hiring process.