Content Marketing Strategist
The Marketing team is looking for a Content Marketing Strategist! This role is responsible for developing engaging content, tailored to the different audiences of the TOOLBX marketplace experience. A strong communicator with superior writing skills, you love to create content to be used across communication touchpoints that drives engagement and conversions. Your extraordinary attention to detail means you will find the below typos and that you will correct them in your head as your read this.
TOOLBX is building a construction materials marketplace that connects top construction professionals with local retailers and suppliers. Our online platform makes it easy for builders to order and receive the materials they need to finish projects on-time and on-budget. With delivery as fast as two hours, TOOLBX has become a valuable tool for construction professionals that want to build faster, smarter and more efficiently.
Here's why it matters:
- We see an opportunity for small businesses to play alongside the larger organizations. Our platform brings the big and the small of the supply chain for construction together.
- Over half of the world's solid waste comes from building and construction. We see an opportunity to drive planned orders and an on-demand supply chain to support buying only when you need it.
- Most construction projects are either over budget or over time because contractors can't optimize their material spending and are slow to compile invoices.
- The most significant purchase for any individual or family will likely be their home.
- TOOLBX helps make construction projects more efficient. We're focused on material procurement, and we're still in the first inning. You could be one of the early people that shape our strategy
About The Role
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing this role is responsible for the development and execution of a strong content marketing strategy, as well as the creation of editorial calendars. You are the voice of the TOOLBX brand,, across all social channels, industry publications, websites, and blogs. Your expertise, creativity, and story-telling skills will create compelling content customized for each platform.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop content strategies to effectively reach our target audiences and marketing goals.
- Identify themes, topics and content that will resonate with current customers and prospects, enhancing brand awareness, consideration, and lead generation.
- Research content and consumer trends to ensure that content is relevant and appealing.
- Create a wide variety of copy and marketing materials including brochures, blog posts, social posts, white papers, case studies, press releases, email marketing campaigns, and web content including landing pages.
- Understand the entire marketing funnel and how content can be used to drive conversions across each customer lifecycle stage
- Understand each social channel's unique opportunity and create and deliver a social media strategy across all platforms in order to drive awareness, audience dialogue, and sales leads.
- Analyze the results and key metrics of content marketing campaigns and adjust tactics to increase engagement and conversions.
- Plan, edit, and write clear content for various internal communication mediums, including but not limited to internal newsletter.
- Manage and protect the TOOLBX brand by producing on-brand engaging copy and imagery; editing and proofread all content before publication.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key trade press journalists and editors, staying in touch to develop additional opportunities and editorial articles TOOLBX can feature in.
- Write press releases and organize press conferences at trade shows and develop and maintain media resources including on the website.
- Collaborate with the People and Culture team producing Employer content for the evolution of our external facing employer brand aiding in recruitment and attraction of top talent.
You are a strong candidate if you:
- Minimum 3 years of marketing experience.
- Strong background in content writing-in both short (social posts) and long (press release) forms.
- High proficiency in the English language for accurate writing, editing, and proof-reading copy.
- We do operate in Quebec
- if you are bilingual that would be a massive asset for writing french content!
- Solid understanding of social media analytics.
- Familiarity with WordPress.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive compensation with opportunity for growth and equity eligibility.
- Quarterly virtual team events
- No formal dress code
- We'll even give you TOOLBX swag to rock!
- Gain experience with a fast-growing start-up!
- Opportunity to make a HUGE impact in the Trillion dollar construction industry
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Outstanding company culture
This position may require local and other business travel, circumstances permitting
Terms of employment:
Location of work: We are a fully remote team distributed across Canada.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please note, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.