Date Posted: 05/04/2021
Req ID: 3633
- Division of University Advancement
Department: Adv Communications and Marketing
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Division of University Advancement (DUA) aims to sustain and enhance the University's academic mission, leadership, and worldwide impact, by engaging alumni and private sector constituents meaningfully in the mission of the University, building mutually beneficial relationships of increasing value and satisfaction over time.
DUA at the University of Toronto is engaged in a transformative agenda deeply rooted in the University's vision for growth and innovation. We are focus on growing fundraising efforts; enhancing the effectiveness and satisfaction of alumni engagement and programs; building advancement talent capacity within and across divisions and creating an organization and culture that fosters diversity and inclusiveness.
Advancement Communications and Marketing (ACM) at DUA provides strategic planning, creative development and production support for central anddivisional fundraising and alumni relations activities. Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing and Communications, the Associate Director, Digital Marketing and Communications provides strategy and oversight on ongoing content management, maintenance, and functionality of digital platforms
- including all website properties, social media channels, digital advertising, and electronic communications.
The Associate Director oversees the development of user experience journeys, strategic structural and information design of websites and associated public facing content production, while working closely with divisional stakeholders to ensure that digital properties align with business goals and support audience engagement objectives.
The Associate Director develops strategies around ongoing content planning on digital channels, works closely with the design and editorial units to develop opportunities to leverage content across multiple channels, vehicles and media, and to ensure consistency and excellence of digital materials.
The Associate Director is responsible for the successful development and management of stakeholder relationships at DUA centrally and across multiple Divisions at the University to help expand digital knowledge and best practices. The Associate Director builds a value-driven partnership through strategic consulting; helping to ensure the quality and consistency of digital strategies and execution across the University. They will manage the executionof digital content strategies and projects by working with the Advancement Communications and Marketing team members, central partners, and external services providers.
Your responsibilities will include:
Developing a digital media plan that supports marketing/communications strategy
- Developing a comprehensive and integrated marketing strategy
- Developing and implementing digital communication campaigns and programs that support strategic objectives
- Advising internal stakeholders on strategic approaches and tactics
- Cultivating ongoing, high-profile prospective partnerships that advance strategic agendas
- Developing charter, scope, resources and schedule for project(s)
- Liaising with clients throughout the project to provide updates and ensure clients' needs and objectives are captured
- Fostering stakeholder engagement and maintaining relationships with project partners
Bachelor's degree in business, digital marketing, communications or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six to seven years of progressively responsible professional experience developing, implementing and evaluating digital and communications plans
- Experience in online communication tools, project management, information management and creative management skills
- Experience in communications management, with extensive experience successfully managing online and digital communication tools
- Experience creating and executing digital content and social media strategy
- Experience using analytic platforms: Google Analytics
- Demonstrated experience with digital measurement and associated analytics and reporting tools to develop comprehensive reports
- Experience providing advice and solutions for highly complex digital challenges to senior level client portfolios and within a multi-stakeholder environment
- Demonstrated experience in working successfully in large, complex organization, balancing multiple assignments and deliverables simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of social media trends and channels to be the subject matter expert
- Sound working knowledge of all aspects of web-based communications
- from hardware infrastructure, to site development, site design and navigation and content creation and maintenance.
- Strong project and team management skills; effectively manage and lead cross functional project teams in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to complete project deliverables per target timelines and requirements
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM and Marketing Automation
- Strong decisionmaking skills demonstrated by strategies that move the organization forward, effective goal setting, action plans and evaluation of successes and failures.
- Ability to use professional expertise and thorough knowledge of clients' needs to resolve problems in creative and effective ways.
- Multi-channel digital strategy and knowledge of current and emerging digital platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple resources effectively through collaboration and influence. Strong communication and presentation skills are required
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
Closing Date: 05/17/2021, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget
- Term This is a one (1) year Term role.
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 16
- $88,643 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $113,359. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations
Recruiter: Anita Chooraman