Director, New Business Strategist
Winnipeg, MB, Canada Req #161
Thursday, April 29, 2021
Your mind is constantly analyzing. Strategizing. Improving. When given a target, you find a way to get there by transforming your research and competitor analysis into thoughtful and innovative business plans
- which you're always eager to share with the team. We're excited to see how your ingenuity will help us continue to drive growth through the expansion of our user base while increasing the frequency and retention of our current users.
As the New Business Strategist, your role will be largely focused on the evaluation, launch, and scale of early-stage special projects at Skip.
You will lead the strategic framework and development of such initiatives to drive increased user LTV, unlock key behavioral customer change and power incremental growth to the business. Given the recent introduction of this team, we foresee a multitude of exciting challenges that this role will need to solve in order to capitalize on untapped opportunities we know to be true for Skip.
This role will require you to act as the key decision maker for all projects that fall under New Business and you will need to feel extremely comfortable with leading and collaborating with the dedicated cross-functional team (including Finance, Marketing, Operations, Merchant, Analytics, Product) to drive results against the established objectives against New Business.
The ideal candidate is a natural-born leader, entrepreneurial, loves to analyze data, and will think critically to make the right decisions quickly while working in a cross-functional environment. In addition, this individual will remain agile in order to respond to real-time learnings.
What's on Your Plate:
- Identify, define and develop new business opportunities that align with Skip's strategic goals.
- Prioritize opportunities to create the optimal strategy to achieve targets and propel hyper-growth across New Business projects.
- Performing relevant research and analysis to support the strategy, including researching prospective markets, evaluating the competitive landscape and providing insight on trends and market potential.
- Analyze and report key learnings and results in digestible communications to leadership and sub-teams across the organization.
- Manage the day-to-day operational framework behind New Business and be the main advocate for removing any roadblocks encountered by the team.
- Provide product management support by researching feature functionality and outlining the scope for feature development.
- Deliver on the execution of current identified opportunities within the New Business objectives roadmap.
- Liaise with the high-performing and cross-functional team to execute on implemented strategies in order to achieve key program objectives.
- Seek out approvals for cross-functional stakeholder alignment on key elements of the defined initiatives.
- Lead, develop and collect content for key meetings within the cross-functional and leadership teams.
Recipe For Success:
- 5+ years of experience in Consulting, Corporate Strategy, or management / strategy experience within a high-growth or new/emerging company.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Economics, MBA or equivalent professional experience.
- Entrepreneurial DNA
- excited to build a business from the ground up, comfortable making decisions in the face of ambiguity, and aren't discouraged by the inevitable challenges that will arise along the way.
- Strategic, creative and data driven
- with a proven ability to solve undefined problems and think outside the box to deliver on strategic outcomes.
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities, take initiative and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in modeling and analyzing various KPIs.
- Excellent project management skills, demonstrated ability in project design, management and implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships at every level of the organization
- Strong written and oral presentation skills and presence.
- An analytical and strategic thinker focused on results, who demonstrates the ability to work independently and within a team to realize jointly owned KPIs.
- Ability to establish and build business relationships.
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of data integrity standards.
- Positive, ?can do' attitude, with a history of anticipating problems and proactively finding solutions.
What It's Like to work At Skip:
Picture this: You, dressed in your fave casual attire, amongst a diverse team of friendly and passionate colleagues. Where we work to make sure all voices are heard, all differences valued, all people treated fairly. You take pride in knowing your input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a national food delivery platform with deep Canadian roots and its satisfied customers.
As the company grows, so do you
- not only do you meet and surpass new challenges every day, but you have the opportunity to get involved, making a real difference in your and Skip's future. With committees like Skip's BIPOC (Black, Indigenous and People of Colour) Network and Women In Tech alongside our CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) work with organizations like Pride and United Way Winnipeg, you have the opportunity for not only your voice to be heard but for your actions to make an impact, joining a cause that you're passionate about.
That's just a small taste of what it's like to work at one of Canada's leading tech companies. If you're hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic environment, we'd love to hear from you.
SkipTheDishes is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment activities and will work with all applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.