CHILDREN'S AID FOUNDATION OF OTTAWA
Position: Manager, Marketing & Communications
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary Range: $55,000
- $65,000 (commensurate with skills and experience)
Permanent Full Time position: (open to 4 day work week for experienced candidates)
Start Date: May 31, 2021
About the Foundation
The Children's Aid Foundation of Ottawa's (CAFO) mission is to inspire our community to give so that everyone in child welfare is empowered to create their own success. We are a dedicated and passionate team who envision a future where all families and children are resilient, thriving, and confident. CAFO's focus is to provide educational and life-enrichment opportunities that enhance a child's physical, social, mental and developmental well-being.
- Develop the annual marketing plan for marketing and communications initiatives of the organization that will meet the annual fundraising goals and meet strategic objectives.
- Set and measure key metrics to meet the objectives of the marketing plan.
- Develop marketing collateral to reinforce strategic objectives and to strengthen the Foundation's brand.
- Guide communications campaigns, branding initiatives, and online presence (includes overseeing activities of digital media and fundraising ads, website and web development, promotional materials)
- Create relevant, engaging copy and video content for social platforms that drives people to take action.
- Create content with impact for website, social media, e-mail blasts, fundraising events/campaigns, and other communication related activities.
- Assist in the marketing plan and execution for CAFO's annual events, third party fundraisers and special stewardships activities.
- Assist in the development of community partnerships that offer positive media, fundraising and community relations opportunities.
- Provide support and guidance to CAFO and Children's Aid Society of Ottawa staff, including developing a plan and internal communications strategy for programs funded by the Foundation.
- Actively monitor all applicable communications channels to highlight past activities, outcomes and learnings.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing or communications.
- Able to collaborate effectively with stakeholders to meet objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, engagement and exceptional communication skills.
- Metrics-focused: experience using web metrics, google analytics and SEO, as well as various tools, to gather insights and improve impact and overall strategy.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and complete deliverables and tactics on time in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-driven, initiative and ability to work independently as well as within a collaborative team setting.
- Proficiency in WordPress, Hootsuite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn).
- Exceptional oral, written and editing skills, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in charities/non-profit organizations is an asset.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
- Interested candidates are asked to send your resume and cover letter via Isarta by Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 11:59pm. We thank all applicants for their interest but we will only contact those selected for an interview.
- The Children's Aid Foundation of Ottawa is dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that encourages applications from all qualified individuals.