Our Trus Joist® Engineered Wood Products Sales Team is seeking to fill an open Region Manager position in our Western Canada Region. In this role, you will report to the Director of EWP Sales
- Canada and will be responsible for leading a team of outside Territory Managers and an Inside Sales team. You will take on a critical sales leadership function by working with your team to create strong business relationships by negotiating long-term supply agreements with our channel partners. To be successful in this role, you will leverage your proven ability to build relationships, elevate the performance of your team, build lasting credibility with customers and establish a strong reputation for the Trus Joist® brand across the region.
Regional Managers are required to reside in a major metropolitan market within the region and be willing to travel as required. The Western Canada Region includes all areas between Vancouver Island, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. Preference for location is our Regional sales office in Surrey, BC.
- Lead Marketing & Sales activities to create long term demand for our Trus Joist® product line while meeting our annual business goals
- Provide daily structure, direction and support to our Inside Sales and Logistics team in order to deliver industry-leading customer service
- Lead a team of Territory Managers by setting goals, driving accountability, coaching, and identifying opportunities to support development and improve your team's performance
- Develop and maintain relationships at the executive level with key stakeholders across our industry
- Ability to role model safety leadership
- Lead and support a team culture that aligns with Weyerhaeuser's core business values and People Principles
- Ability to develop and maintain strong senior level customer relationships
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership style
- Able to lead, mentor and motivate a high performing team
- Proven ability to drive results to meet sales targets
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Skilled in business acumen, financial competency, and negotiation
- Creative and dynamic; Ability to develop solutions and strategies to complex challenges
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective presenter, proficient in verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable about residential design, builder economics, and construction
- Post Secondary Education required; Bachelor's Degree in a related field strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years work experience in sales, engineering or other industry related field
- Experience managing salaried sales associates strongly preferred
- Must live or be willing to relocate into the Western Canada region and willing to travel
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We're serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Job Customer Service, Design, Sales & Marketing
Primary LocationCAN-British Columbia
Job Level Manager
Job Type Experienced
Shift Day (1st)
Relocation Assistance Not Available