Henriquez Partners Architects is a Vancouver-based boutique design studio that excels at complex mixed-use projects that aspire to integrate poetics and ethics to create inclusive communities. Our mission is grounded in the optimistic belief that architects have a meaningful role in the creation of citizen cities.
Recognized as a ?Design Firm to Watch? on Architizer's A+List for the second year running, we are now looking to expand our team with a Writer & Communications Specialist. As a gifted storyteller you have a desire to share and incite dialogue on meaningful issues
- you are passionate about architecture, and its potential to positively impact liveable, sustainable and inclusive communities. You are also social media savvy and have an adaptable writing style
- from long format blogs to technical proposals to short social media posts.
For the ideal candidate
- we offer flexible remote working abilities from within Canada and Globally.
Writer & Communications Specialist
As a Writer & Communications Specialist for Henriquez, you are a dynamic, thoughtful and seasoned writer on architecture and urban issues with a minimum of 5 years of experience crafting narrative and published work. You will collaborate closely with the Managing Principal and members of the leadership team to tell and share our stories. This new role is a strategic yet hands on position with an expectation to execute and produce on a daily basis. Your aspirations and knowledge of urban matters and engaged communities guide and narrate engaging copy across all platforms and toward collateral development. You will represent Henriquez for external communications and act as a liaison with Public Relations firms for business development initiatives. Your strategic and insightful communication skills and experience will increase the studio's visibility and reach nationally and internationally. This is an extraordinary opportunity to share ideas globally about the potential of architecture to meaningfully shape greater civic engagement and to build inclusive communities
- where all belong.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years as a copy writer in the field of architecture, art, history, urban planning or equivalent.
- Masters degree in Art, Architectural History or equivalent.
- Undergraduate Degree in English, Communications, Marketing or related discipline is preferred.
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills with an innate ability story-tell (sample writing portfolio required).
- Expertise in copy and content writing for various platforms and collateral such as social media, traditional media, press releases, award submissions, website copy, blogs, competitions, RFPs and general business development collateral.
- Ability to both lead and contribute to marketing and brand messaging strategies.
- Expert in social media platforms and tools such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, HootSuite and Google Analytics.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Adobe creative apps and WordPress plus other similar web management tools.