A little bit about us
Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada is a leader in the pet care industry, whose vision is to be the world's most trusted Company in Enriching the Lives of Pets and the People Who Love Them.
We are high performers who thrive among the best and offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment where you can contribute to challenging, satisfying and meaningful work.
We are committed to building a team that is committed to pets and their owners. Your Pet, Our Passion® Bringing our brands to life and making them as relevant for today's consumers as they've always been takes vision, passion and an innovative mind-set. If you can bring that into the mix, we know the magic will happen.
Business areas: Nestlé Canada
Job title: Marketing Manager, Veterinary Channel
Location: Mississauga, ON
Job Grade: 17
We are looking for a Marketing Manager, Veterinary Channel based at our Mississauga office reporting into the Senior Marketing Manager, Veterinary Channel. This role will influence the strategic roadmap for the brand and is a fantastic opportunity to help plan, develop and execute marketing plans to accelerate the growth of the Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diet & Supplements portfolio.
A day in the life of...
As a Marketing Manager you will be working on our exciting Purina Pro Plan Veterinary brands. This role is a great opportunity to lead the brand plans and strategy to bring growth to the category. You will be working daily with cross-functional teams, including the US teams, to make your plans come to life with lots of autonomy and support to really thrive.
You will also:
- Influence and support the development of aligned Marketing strategies and plans for the Purina Pro Plan Veterinary brands in Canada in line with Global strategy.
- Build our brand through translation of insights to action. Responsible for creating compelling communication and effective media strategies, including the plan to lead in digital.
- Develop & execute solid launch plans to successfully bring new products to the market including defining and implementing the evolution of the experiential.
- Lead the Cross functional Communication Plan process with greater interaction with Sales, Category and Finance teams.
- Accountable for improving the Return of Investment year over year and spend accuracy.
What will make you successful
As the successful candidate, you will be the champion for the brand throughout the organisation so you will need to be passionate, tenacious, results focused and really enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. You will already have great project management and analytical skills coupled with your highly organised, conscientious approach. Pro-activity, tenacity and enthusiasm are essential, as is your ability to understand and work within our competitive market. Your already developed marketing experience as a Marketing Manager or Brand Manager will give you the experience you need to drive this great brand forward.
You will also have:
- University degree in Business or Marketing, and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of successful brand/product management experience, including strong leadership in successfully bringing global/US innovation/renovation projects to the Canadian market
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple brand priorities with a pride of ownership and focus on the customer
- Decisive and analytical nature with the ability to drive business results at the strategic and executional levels across the marketing mix
- Innovative thinker with experience using design thinking.
- Agile and able to pivot in a fast paced ever changing environment, comfortable taking calculated risks and doing things differently to carve a new way forward.
- Be passionate to build and grow brands, with ?can-do' attitude and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Bilingual in English/French is an asset
We have a friendly, supportive team with a coaching and mentoring environment. There are real opportunities for future development and progression
- this really could be a move towards the exciting opportunity to drive strategy and build a marketing career with the leader in Food & Beverage.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you'd expect from a business the size of Nestle including a comprehensive total rewards benefits package including Health and Dental benefits that start on day one as well as a Company matched retirement savings plan, Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application. Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.