Are you interested in joining a growth-oriented global team of professionals that present opportunities to develop and apply your marketing skill sets within the Resource sector?
Mining Plus continues our success story in North America
- and we want you to be a part of it.
Who are We?
We are the leading mining technical services provider, consisting of professionals specializing in geology, mining engineering (surface & underground), geotechnical engineering, mine ventilation and operations optimization. We cover the full mining lifecycle from due diligence and financing (?Define'), project technical studies (?Plan') through to boots-on-the-ground execution as project partners (?Operate').
We are 130+ full time expert mining professionals with 9 offices in 5 countries operating as One Team. Corporately, we are a part of the Byrnecut
- Thyssen Mining Group who are specialist underground mining contractors employing more than 10,000 people collectively around the globe.
At Mining Plus, we pride ourselves in fostering an engaging, cooperative and flexible one team working culture. Practicality and innovation are in our DNA and instilled across all facets of our business by our ability to think laterally whilst challenging traditional thinking through innovation. With our high-performance team in place and plans for further expansion, we are committed to recruiting and retaining the best. We offer our employees a challenging yet rewarding career path, providing opportunities to work on interesting diverse projects on a local and international scale.
Although we work by our Company values of:
We live by our internal values of:
- Get it right the first time
- Own it as if it is our own
- Go the extra mile
Who are you?
Mining Plus has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Coordinator to be based in our Vancouver office. We are looking for a business-minded individual who has excellent attention to detail. We embrace a ?One Team? philosophy across our North American and international offices, so this role will require engagement with our global team to help deliver the best project outcomes.
As a Marketing Coordinator, you will work closely with company leadership, business development and marketing team members, and professional staff to develop and implement digital communication. You will work closely with the leadership team across social media, campaigns, problem solve, execute marketing strategies and engagement.
Reporting to the ?Team Leader
- Business Support?, your role will also include the following responsibilities:
- Marketing Material
- Drive development of marketing materials; Create marketing profiles; Create graphic designs for print and web use; Maintain promotional materials.
- External Marketing
- Plan, organize, and coordinate conference and networking events in North America; Ensure marketing collateral is Canada / US specific; Liaise with North America leadership and Australia in managing the Brand and Corporate Identity; Ensure marketing plan activities are rolled out each month.
- Social Media and web management
- Write, coordinate, and schedule social media posts for North America; Maintain and update website; Leverage SEO insights to guide content ideation, development and implementation; Work with our other offices to create content.
- Collaborate with our Brand and Marketing Coordinator in our Australia office.
- Engage with and help the Business Support Team
To be successful in the role, the preferred candidate will have the following:
- Design and creative capability; Photoshop skills preferable but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under tight deadlines and varying workloads
- Excellent ability to multitask, responding to constantly changing needs and schedules
- Strong attention to detail with editing and proofreading abilities
- Ability to effectively present ideas
- Strong proficiency in MS office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Marketing, Communications, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years marketing experience in the engineering, or construction sectors considered an asset
- Applicants residing and able to legally work in Canada only need apply