Title: Product Marketing Manager
Last Updated: April 15, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Reports To: Director, Sales & Marketing
Expected Travel: 15-20%
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
When the world's top medical device OEMs and academic institutes need real-time medical instrument navigation, they call NDI. Why? Because no one can rival the accuracy and reliability of optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking solutions. Since 1981 we've helped our customers bring tracking technology to image-guided surgery systems and interventions, surgical simulators, advanced medical research, and so much more. We've built our reputation on technical expertise, continuous product innovation, and a commitment to our customers' success. Our home base is in Waterloo, Ontario, but our team members live and work all over the world. Interested in becoming a valued member of the NDI team? We're growing and looking for great people to join us.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you are passionate about growing NDI's medical market segments with its optical measurement solutions. As part of the Marketing team, you will work with groups such as Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and Product Management to understand and develop strategies that drive revenue growth for various global medical market segments.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Product Management, Sales, and Business Development to understand, define, and communicate the positioning, value propositions, and competitive advantages of NDI products and services.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for NDI products to drive demand for in-market and new product introductions in various global market segments.
- Plan and manage all marketing aspects for new product (Go-to-Market) launches.
- Work closely with Marketing team members on the creation, production, and deployment of marketing communications (brochures, web pages, videos, white papers, etc.) for demand generation, lead nurturing/engagement, thought leadership, and other content strategies.
- Drive demand generation activities on an ongoing basis to support sales in obtaining leads and optimize activities as required.
- Report on the effectiveness of demand generation and lead nurturing programs and activities; make recommendations for improvements.
- Collaborate with Sales team members to develop sales enablement tools (internal and external) that support each stage of the sales cycle and customer journey.
- Collaborate with Product Management team members to develop internal training resources and communications (training presentations, FAQs, cheat sheets, notifications, etc.) for new product launches, product changes, product end-of-life, and customer beta/evaluation programs.
- Support Product Management team members on the preparation and communication of product roadmaps and product lifecycle materials.
- Participate in customer or sales meetings, product demos, trade shows and conferences to uncover and validate product positioning and messaging of NDI offerings.
- Perform sales and marketing duties as required (e.g. represent NDI at tradeshows, conferences, manage external marketing service providers, etc.)
- Create an environment that increases the effectiveness and efficiency of the team, through active leadership, defined processes, strong communication, and collaborative efforts.
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices, and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts and required to understand and comply with the QMS.
- Accountable for understanding and following all design control procedures for NDI's product development projects.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business or marketing.
- MBA, and/or Pragmatic Institute Certification or Product Marketing Alliance Certificate preferred.
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Comfortable using CRM tools such as Salesforce.
- Comfortable using Google Analytics and interpreting website statistics.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Pardot or Hubspot.
- Power user of social networking tools such as LinkedIn (Navigator), Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is-or isn't-working.
- Excellent communications (Verbal, Written and Presentation) skills.
- Excellent team building, people management and collaboration skills; interact with colleagues in a cross-functional capacity, both locally and internationally.
- Experience managing external third-party services providers and/or freelancers.
- Experience with coordinating trade show exhibits/booths an asset.
- Willingness to travel.
Being a Part of our Team:
When you walk through our doors, you will find an open-concept office that promotes collaborative teamwork and fresh ideas. We enjoy tackling new challenges and developing new pathways to serve our customers. We are looking for innovative, hard-working individuals who don't see this as just a job, but as a career choice. If this sounds like you, our HR team would love to hear from you. Follow the instructions below to submit your application.
We thank all candidates for their interest in joining NDI; however, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. For more information about NDI and this position, please visit our website: www.ndigital.com.