Does this sound like you? You're an analytical thinker who's able to seamlessly connect two pieces of the marketing puzzle that few people do well: the data and the customer.
The data includes all the metrics you've had success increasing (or decreasing!) in the past: Clicks, CTR, CPA, ROAS, Quality Score, Reach, you name it.
The customer includes understanding our target audience on a deep level, and knowing where and how to find them online! This doesn't mean an avatar or a rough Google Docs description. It means knowing them by internalizing customer testimonials, listening to phone calls, and maybe even making some yourself. Bottom line: You can think like the customer!
As the new Search Engine Marketing Manager at AlgaeCal, these pieces of the marketing puzzle will be second nature to you. You'll know how to find the right media, at the best cost, for the maximum conversion. And you'll be able to pull up numbers as needed by you or your colleagues, and be able to make intelligent decisions based on reams of data. You are in the top 1% of detail-oriented people!
You're also comfortable with advertising and reporting on these platforms (minimum): Google Adwords, YouTube, Bing, and native advertising (Adroll, Tapnative, or some DSP software).
This position requires a minimum of 3 years' experience building growth through Paid Search marketing channels.
If you have what it takes, you'll join a team of passionate, work-hard-play-hard professionals. You'll grow with them at a company that has laid a multi-million dollar foundation of revolutionary natural health products backed by published clinical studies. That means they dramatically and measurably improve human health.
You'll work alongside, and learn from, top marketing professionals that have helped grow our company by more than 10 times in the last 5 years! We're the leader in our niche
- and our goal is to continue on this path providing you an unparalleled opportunity for learning and promotion.
Yes, we're one of Canada's fastest growing companies
- and it's in large part due to the success of our top shelf marketing team
- so if you want to learn from the best, you need to join the best!
A DAY IN THE LIFE
If you dread the sound of your alarm in the morning, you know you're in the wrong job. But at AlgaeCal, waking up for work won't be a problem...
Why? Because every day at AlgaeCal presents exciting challenges to test your skills. Every day brings opportunities to work with team members who care as much for you as they do our customers. And every day lets you have the chance to genuinely help people overcome bone loss.
There isn't a rigid job description for our employees and every day is different. But here are a few of the primary tasks you can look forward to while working from our office in Mt. Pleasant:
- Lead AlgaeCal's Paid and Organic Search strategy and manage our Paid Search campaigns end-to-end
- Own a marketing budget, create and oversee a channel roadmap focusing on optimizations, testing, and expansion.
- Be able to accurately forecast, manage, and advise on budgets for annual planning processes.
- Proven track record in hitting performance targets and scaling platforms
- Be able to develop and maintain key performance reports for internal stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience building growth through Paid Search marketing channels
- Experience handling complex SEM strategies, high campaign volume, large budgets ($2.4M+ annually) and driving quantifiable results
- Experience with Google Data Studio or similar Data Viz software (Tableau, Looker etc.)
- A firm grasp of data analysis, A/B Testing, and performance marketing
- Proven history of working and fostering strong relationships with vendors (AdRoll, other DSPs etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage partnership, promote enthusiasm, and foster strategic thinking
Working at AlgaeCal is stimulating, fast-paced, and rewarding. And just like any job, it can have its challenging moments. But one thing it will never be is boring.
Where do you fit in AlgaeCal's Marketing Team?
You will start by joining the SEM team and helping lead our acquisition efforts through Paid Search. As the owner of one of AlgaeCal's most productive and efficient channels, you will have a direct impact on the growth of the business. This role will focus on both the day-to-day campaign management and the long-term strategic planning and forecasting. As the channel expert, you will be the go-to teammate for all things paid search.
Under your leadership, you will need to manage large-scale Google, Bing, and other paid campaigns. You'll shine by translating strategy into concrete plans with agencies and internal partners, leveraging data-driven insights to design rigorous campaign and feed experiments, and iterating upon campaign & audience segmentation approaches to refine paid investment efficiency.
You'll need to accomplish all this while navigating the challenging Health & Wellness niche of PPC. That said, you will be coached and supported by our Directors of Acquisition and Customer Experience who have proven records of success in several paid platforms including Facebook, Google Ads, and Amazon. This promises to be an exciting and challenging role!
- Analytical Thinking
- Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail
- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks.
- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Our Promise to Invest in You
Our company is built on the mantra that top performers can customize their own future with us. And we invest in the training you need to build your career.
For example, we encourage each area of marketing to attend conferences every year in their area of specialty. We're elite members of two of the most prominent digital marketing mastermind groups, Ezra Firestone's ?Blue Ribbon Group?, and Digital Marketer Labs' ?War Room?.
And we will fly you to Los Cabos Mexico for a fully paid week of rubbing shoulders with the leaders who built this company to become one of the top .4% of all companies in North America. We believe that to ?be your best, you need to hang out with the best?. And that's exactly what you will do while enjoying the most grand beachfront hotel, delicious food, and fun adventures.
How do you know if you're a person we invest in? Simple. You have these 4 qualities:
- You're humble; you know you're an ?A Player? but you don't feel the need to brag about it
- You're hungry to learn more
- You're ?people smart? in the sense that you're a great teammate
- You've proven competence in your work
The truth is, if you don't have these qualities you won't last long at AlgaeCal. So if you're missing one of them be honest. Save yourself a lot of headaches and skip to a job posting that is a better fit for you.
What Will You Earn?
Let's agree on salary and paid vacation once we know what you offer, but our goal is to pay above the market rate for your unique skills.
- A brand new, beautiful workspace in the heart of the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood complete with Mac-ecosystems and convertible standing desks
- Weekly family style team lunches with tasty, home-cooked food
- $2000 flexible employee health benefits package
- Monthly team events and activities
- Annual team trip (most recently, Los Cabos, Mexico!) which you are eligible for after one year of employment. This amounts to another week of paid vacation, plus we cover hotel, food, flights and entertainment.
- Pet-friendly office (furry co-workers!)
- Flexible Stat Holidays with the option to bank days for later use
- Work-From-Home-Wednesdays (available after 6 months of employment) Casual dress code
How to Apply
- in order to apply please provide the following. (Yes, our hiring process is challenging, but when you make it through to the end you will be joining an elite team of like-minded people).
1. Write a cover letter addressing the following questions:
- Why do you think you're a superstar Search Marketing Manager (SEO & SEM) in the making? Give SPECIFIC and quantifiable examples of past achievements and/or accolades.
- Describe why you will fit perfectly with our mission and values. Read them here: http://screencast.com/t/w7BMMeqyVc
- What's the toughest challenge you've ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you've read?
- What do you do for fun?
2. Explain what you're doing now for a job:
- If you don't have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you're looking elsewhere.
3. Upload your cover letter and resume:
- Ensure that your cover letter and resume are saved and sent as one file.
Yes, our hiring process is challenging, but it's our way of selecting the best-and your way of ensuring your AlgaeCal teammates are tops.
Click the ?Apply Now? button on this page and upload your cover letter and resume.
***Note: Please include your cover letter WITH your resume in one document. Applications without a cover letter will not be read!
We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right person, so act quickly and you can also expect a prompt response.