Who is Ratehub.ca?
We're a company on a mission. Every single team member, from product & engineering, to sales & marketing, finance, operations and everything in between is obsessed with one thing; helping Canadian's make better financial choices. And we're pretty great at it, too. Via our digital application technology and our award winning in-house brokerages, we help over 1 million Canadian's per month make a positive impact on their finances. 365 days a year we deliver our users the best online mortgage experience, personalized credit card offers, and cheaper auto & home insurance policies than they typically get from their existing financial adviser.
Changing how people make financial choices isn't easy, though. We know that achieving our mission is full of challenges; challenges that can be complex and often unexpected, but that are always interesting, rewarding and fun to solve as a team. This is where you come in. We are on the hunt for the right kind of people to join us and help lead us forward to continued growth.
Ratehub Inc offers a friendly, innovative and collaborative work environment. Our talented team drives our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling their potential.
We're looking for a Content Marketing Strategist to join our growing team, in downtown Toronto (temporarily remote due to COVID). Reporting to the Senior Content Strategist, you will be an integral member of Ratehub's Mortgages and Everyday Banking teams, and will have the exciting opportunity to publish personal finance content read by millions of Canadians. The successful candidate will work closely with the Senior Strategist to support the continued growth of Ratehub's search engine rankings and content strategy. This is a great opportunity for a resourceful and self-motivated individual to join an award-winning company that's growing exponentially.
- Write, edit, and update SEO-focused content on banking products and mortgages that serves to both educate and convert our users
- Produce long-form and well-researched content to improve search engine rankings for our top landing pages
- Author blog posts covering news and advice on personal finance for our newsletter that isn't only informative and interesting but also shareable
- Publish banking product reviews and audit archived content to ensure our website is accurate and up-to-date
- Collaborate with the Senior Content Strategist and PR Specialist to develop new content initiatives/ideas that support link-building efforts and increase media brand mentions
- Write content for partner websites, including Sponsored Blogs and guest blogs
- Work with the Senior Content Strategist to identify how to best organize and optimize content for SEO as well as conversions
- Develop into a personal finance subject matter expert (with assistance from the Senior Content Marketing Strategist)
- Wordsmith: At least 1+ years of writing experience in a professional setting (ideally writing for a media news site or company blog/website) and the ability to distil complex information into engaging content that keeps users interested
- Post secondary education (ideally in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or another relevant field)
- SEO: Aware of content marketing and SEO best practices. You have a passion for SEO and keep in the know on the latest Google algorithm news / trends
- Data-minded: You're comfortable with using data to inform your writing, and understand the role data can play in shaping an SEO-first content strategy
- Resourceful: You don't have all the answers, but you know how to get them
- Quality control: You self-edit and submit only your best work
- Proactive: You are never idle and love being busy
- Project manager: If a task is assigned to you, you take complete ownership over it
- Positive attitude: We have a great culture and want to preserve it
- Experience with WordPress and basic HTML an asset, as is knowledge about mortgages or banking products
- Fun: You bring your whole self to work and make an effort to contribute to our workplace culture in a positive way
- Do the right thing: You are able to assess both customer and company needs to make good business choices
- Growth mindset: You love to learn and try new things
- Willing to Help: You care about your team members and are willing to help out outside your realm of expertise.
- Impact orientated: You are motivated by results and track to completion
- Competitive salary: We know life's expensive
- Flexible hours: Enjoy a couple more hours of sleep in the morning, if you want
- RRSP matching program
- Training allowance
- Benefits: Health is wealth
- Casual dress code: If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for us
- Fun team socials
Ratehub welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Ratehub welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.