Administration and Communication Coordinator
Langley City, BC, Canada Virtual Req #183
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Title: Administration and Communications Coordinator
Ministry: Women's Heart-Engaging Network (WHEN)
Location: Remote / Langley, BC
(Abbotsford for future Power to Change Headquarters)
Reports to: National Director, WHEN
Position type: Full Time Permanent ( 40 hours per week)
Power to Change's mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you want to be part of that mission?
About the Ministry :
Women's Heart-Engaging Network (WHEN) equips and mobilizes volunteers to connect women to Jesus Christ and the local church. Through hosting online events, we create opportunities for women to hear, embrace and experience Jesus Christ.
About the Role :
The Administration and Communications Coordinator will assist the National Director, WHEN staff and WHEN Volunteer Teams to organize, maintain and improve communication and administrative systems within the ministry of WHEN. They will also create content for our social media accounts.
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
- Administrative and executive support are provided to the a) National Director (60%) and b) to the WHEN Chairs and Staff Team (40%)
- Participation as member to the Staff/WHEN Steering Team to develop and implement a strategic plan and achieve objectives
- Leadership support to the WHEN Chairs by providing administrative support so teams are able to meet objectives and stay on course.
- Daily operations as needed including but not limited to database management, taking meeting minutes, communicating meeting minutes, arranging speaking engagements, and coordinating meetings
- WHEN inbox emails are answered and requests forwarded to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
- Software and online accounts, such as Canva/ Mailchimp/ Youtube/ Facebook/ Instagram and RightNow Media are managed well and maintained.
- Content for online engagement (Facebook/Instagram) as well as for resources needed internally to promote WHEN events are created.
- Brand guidelines for both WHEN and P2C are consistently applied and adhered to by all staff and volunteers.
- Staff/Volunteer communications are created and maintained to promote unity and encouragement
- examples are email communications with staff, newsletters, birthday cards, encouragement cards, etc.
- Calendar, monthly expenses reconciliation, reimbursements, transfers and all related invoices and payments are coordinated and processed accurately and appropriately.
- Monthly cash flow reports are created and quarterly reports are sent to the Executive Team.
- Quarterly team stats reports are submitted to Executive Team and President's Office
- Attend Chapel and prayer meetings
- Executing special operations projects as needed
About You :
- A deep, growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ
- Strong interpersonal skills, adept in interacting with leaders and staff, both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of the marketing and social media communications space such as digital communication and live streaming.
- Experience creating online content and managing social media accounts
- Strong understanding of Google products (Gmail, Google Drive, etc) & Adobe products
- Administrative skills, personally organized, good steward of time
- Self-motivated, team builder, able to work independently
- A genuine desire to see people's lives transformed by Jesus
- Skill in leading people spiritually regardless of spiritual context
- Ability to relate well with Churches and other Christian organizations
Education and Experience
- 2 years related ministry/work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in relatable field
What We Offer Our Staff
- Employer-paid extended health and dental benefits (if 25+ hours a week)
- Group RRSP contribution options with up to 2.5% matching after 1 year of employment
- Access to our Employment Assistant Program (EAP) (if 25+ hours a week)
- Paid vacation
- Mentorship opportunities
- Weekly Chapel services
- Semi-annual Day of Prayer participation
- Discounts at our Resource Centre
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
The mission of Power to Change is to further the movements of Christian evangelism and discipleship. All Power to Change staff members and volunteers work collectively to further this overall religious mission. The successful candidate for this position must have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the Power to Change Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith. The successful candidate must agree to, sign and, in all good conscience abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents. It is a prerequisite of employment at Power to Change that any and all staff members and volunteers sign and abide by these documents throughout their course of involvement at Power to Change. For a copy of the Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith, please contact Human Resources.