What you will be doing:
- Creating reference clips from storyboard animatic
- Keeping sequences update with latest animation and renders
- Communicate QC errors and other edit concerns to teams
- Making adjustments to the edit as needed based on feedback from directors and client
- Running dailies screenings with production team as needed
- Exporting content as needed for review by client and production
- Turnover of edit to sound and composer
- Conforming edit for color grading and finishing
- Packaging final masters for delivery
- Assisting Colorist as needed
What you bring with you:
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional editing experience, animation or FX experience preferred
- Understanding of Avid Media Composer software is a must
- DaVinci Resolve, Shotgun, and Hiero experience an asset
- Understanding of codecs, file formats, colour spaces and colour pipelines an asset
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong editorial skills both technically and creatively
- Understanding of pacing and storytelling
- A creative problem solver and a proactive thinker
- Exhibit an enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn and advance in the editorial field
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world. Fun is included in every role!
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the positions criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel dont hesitate to show off a little!).
How to apply:
Please visit our website at http://www.bardel.ca/now-hiring/ to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are determined to be a compelling match for one of our current openings
- All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC before December 31, 2020 (for current job postings)