- Fluent in both French and English
- Write articles for the web, social media, and press releases
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word,
- Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of research methods and data compilation
- Familiarity with the local community
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to travel to required locations (school/centre and events), as required
- Self-motivated, independent worker as well as a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse clientele
- Experience or knowledge of educational system an asset
- Knowledge/experience in website design and user experience an asset
- Knowledge/experience in photography/video capture and editing an asset
NATURE OF THE WORK
The position of communications consultant encompasses, in particular, participation in the development
and implementation of communication policies, strategies and plans aimed at supporting the strategic
planning of the school board so as to better inform students, employees, parents and the general public,
using various information media and means.
The communications consultant provides advice and support, as required. He or she may also be called
upon to develop promotional materials, ensuring its design and delivery to the public concerned. He or
she has a knack for storytelling using various media. He or she researches, recommends and initiates
contact with potential partners.
- Preparation (researching, writing, formatting) of communication materials, as required
- Monitor and contribute to school board presence through various media platforms
- Contribute to the design and curation of content on the school board`s websites, social media accounts and other communication tools
- Research community needs and establish links to service offerings.
- Interact with Head Office Departments, schools, and centres to promote activities and events
- Interact with Community partners to promotes services, activities, and events