ERM is seeking a Staff Communications Specialist/Social Media Analyst in our Calgary, Alberta office to provide support on projects and general communications-related administrative support. This position will focus on client support, including the management of stakeholder, Indigenous group and public comment tracking databases, social media monitoring, logistics for virtual and in-person event planning, public notification materials and mailings, managing project contact methods (voicemail and email response coordination), production and distribution of communication materials as required.
- Desktop Monitoring & Analysis: traditional and social media monitoring using traditional web browsers and licensed tools to identify trends and risks and offer analysis to support client objectives.
- Database: researching, identifying and entering data for stakeholders including municipal, provincial and federal elected officials and their staff; provincial and federal agencies; environmental groups; civic and business organizations, Indigenous groups, and other identified stakeholders for each project; managing and updating a variety of tracking databases; and preparing reports for client and/or regulatory purposes.
- Event planning: coordination of multiple public meeting schedules, including venue location, catering, and other related meeting needs (i.e., presentation materials, handouts, virtual facilitation support).
- Technical assistance: supporting environmental and socio-economic assessments, permitting and regulatory compliance reporting projects under the direction and oversight of senior practitioners.
- Other: various project-driven administrative functions including task tracking, mail merging, proof reading, online research, traditional and social media tracking, scheduling community leader meetings, editing, copying, file maintenance, report preparation, travel itinerary management, conference call coordination, working with printer for production of various client collateral pieces and mailings, etc.
- Assist with the administration of sub-contractors including liaising with project managers, reviewing contract documentation and invoices under supervision of project managers.
- Provide support to the Calgary-based staff including health and safety planning for the field programs, completing field trip logistics, and other duties as needed.
- Complete work assignments on time and in accordance with ERM's format and quality standards.
- Comply with appropriate project-specific health and safety plan requirements during the course of project work.
- Participate on technical teams consisting of multi-disciplinary impact assessment professionals from multiple offices around Canada and the global ERM organization.
- Support other ERM practice areas when needed and perform additional tasks as assigned or required.
- BSc/BA degree, preferably in a communications field of study (Public Affairs, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English, Political Science) or Anthropology, Environmental Sciences.
- One to two years of public relations/public affairs experience, preferably in a public relations firm or similar setting
- internships may apply as experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Additional language capabilities (e.g. French, Spanish) a n asset.
- Ability to distill technical information into plain language and/or present in summary format.
- Professional demeanor, strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task, work independently and prioritize deadline-driven tasks.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and proactive, results- and team-oriented attitude.
- Strong commitment to safety culture and demonstrated ability to follow health and safety procedures.
- Willing to work full time primarily in an office setting (remote at this time). Ability to travel for some overnight stays may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work overtime when necessary.
- Social media/digital experience on all popular platforms.
- Local candidates preferred.
Who We Are:
As the world's leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!