William Ashley is seeking a Graphic Designer whose skill sets include print and digital design. They will also be responsible for email marketing campaigns from conception to execution. The position is a contract full-time position based in Vaughan, Ontario, with occasional need to attend meetings/events at the Bloor St Store.
- Work closely with social/web/buying team, and leadership team
- The designer will collaborate across departments to support and build brand awareness across all channels
- Well organized and proficient in time management
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, able to multi-task and pivot when required
- Critical eye and able to confidently present ideas
- Ability to work independently and part of the William Ashley team
Experience and Education
- Certificate/Degree in Graphic Design, Web & Print
- 2+ years working in Marketing/Graphic Design
- Create all graphics from concept to execution for print advertising (magazines, new papers, catalogues), digital assets (social media, google, website, videos etc.)
- Create store signage, as well as large scale graphics, including vinyl for merchandising displays, trade shows etc.
- Work closely with brands and ensure they are represented within guidelines.
- Create and execute multiple weekly email marketing campaigns to William Ashley's database with curated themed content
- Maintain online website banners desktop and mobile, as well as US version through Magento (homepage, what's new, etc.)
- Design, execute and maintain CMS/Landing pages with a mobile-first approach.
- Create and manage William Ashley's advertising calendar
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud; Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with an email marketing platform, i.e. example, Benchmark, MailChimp, Klaviyo or DotDigital
- Good understanding of email marketing automation, audience segmentation and A/B testing
- Ability to work in MS Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Comfortable in both PC and Mac settings
- Familiar with Google Analytics, in particular, set UTM parameters, review funnel data, create basic reports
- Manage and produce digital banner designs for an e-commerce platform, experience with Magento or Shopify or WordPress
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, in particular, the CSS Box Model, Flexbox and Grid Layouts. Proven ability with Adobe Dreamweaver or equivalent
- Able to design digital catalogues/flyers, experience with Flipp and/or Publitas an asset
- Basic SEO skills, namely, Keyword Research; Finding Content Gaps; Content Distribution, familiarity with at least the Google Search Console or equivalent
- Able to create GIF animations, if CSS animations in the toolkit is an asset
- Video editing skills for short-form and long-form videos, knowledge of Adobe Premiere an asset.