Would you like to belong to one of the brightest design teams in North America? A tight-knit group of some of the best designers, videographers, and content-creators on earth. They're scary-smart. They love what they do. And they're using their creative genius to make the world a better place. This isn't just a job
- if you've got the chops, it's a launchpad for a lifetime of success.
We know you'll thrive in our supportive work environment. AlgaeCal isn't one of those companies that'll treat you like a brainless robot, slowly crushing your soul with 80-hour workweeks and pointless projects that never see the light of day. That's not our style. So if you want to play in the major leagues, but without the stresses of Silicon Valley or Maddison Avenue, you'll love it here. Every day you'll be surrounded by some of the most supportive teammates you'll ever meet. They'll help you set ambitious goals. They'll appreciate your hard work. They'll feast with you on Fridays (yeah, we do that), and they'll party with you in Mexico! More about that below, but first, here's who we are...
At AlgaeCal, we're driven by a single idea. To end the fear of bone loss. It's a big mission. In the United States, an estimated 54 million people have fragile bones. And they're scared. Scared of snapping a bone. Scared of being forced to quit their favorite hobbies. And worst of all, scared of losing their independence.
The good news? AlgaeCal has the world's only clinically-backed natural solution to this problem. We help thousands of people say goodbye to fear, fracture, and frailty. If that excites you, you'll find no better place to continue your career than at AlgaeCal.
We're growing so quickly that we need a new Junior Graphic Designer to join our team!
If you're great with all the tools in Adobe Creative Suite, you enjoy brainstorming ideas, and you like variety in your workday, you will love this job.
You'll be working within brand guidelines to create kick-ass designs for ads, newsletters, social media, packaging and web/mobile. So you'll need to be awesome at all things design. From layout and formatting, to working with imagery and creating illustrations and graphics
- and we expect your typography game to be on-point!
So if you've got 1-3 years of industry experience and you've got a portfolio that'll knock-our-socks-off, you might be the person we're looking for.
Other Qualities You'll Need
At AlgaeCal we're going to insist that you have these 3 qualities:
- You're humble-you put the team and others' needs ahead of your own
- You're hungry to learn more
- You're people smart-in the sense that you're a great teammate
The truth is, if you don't have these qualities you won't last long at AlgaeCal. So if you're missing one of them, be honest. Save yourself a lot of headaches and skip to a job posting that is a better fit for you.
What Will You Earn?
Let's agree on salary once we know what you offer, but our goal is to pay above market rate for your unique skills.
- A brand new, beautiful workspace in the heart of the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood complete with Mac-ecosystems and convertible standing desks
- Weekly family style team lunches with tasty, home-cooked food
- $2000 flexible employee health benefits package
- Monthly team events and activities
- Annual team trip (most recently, Los Cabos, Mexico!) which you are eligible for after one year of employment. This amounts to another week of paid vacation, plus we cover hotel, food, flights and entertainment.
- Pet-friendly office (furry co-workers!)
- Flexible Stat Holidays with the option to bank days for later use
- Work-From-Home-Wednesdays (available after 6 months with us)
- Casual dress code
How To Apply
Job opportunities like this don't come along often, and we've got a lot to offer our successful applicant. So, to make sure our future Junior Graphic Designer is the real-deal, will be a great fit, and will thrive at AlgaeCal, we ask a little more than your run-of-the-mill job application:
If this sounds like a position for you, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and cover letter. Please, read carefully:
1. Write a cover letter addressing:
- Why you're the best Junior Graphic Designer for this role. Give quantifiable examples of related achievements.
- Describe why you fit perfectly with our values. Read them here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1deCCJZ6tiDiOSlr_W0UdCuM_V_ahzPBs/view
- What's the toughest challenge you've ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you've read?
- What do you do for fun?
2. Explain what you're doing now for a job:
- If you don't have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you're looking elsewhere.
3. Upload your cover letter and resume:
- Ensure that your cover letter and resume are saved and sent as one file.
4. Attach a link to your portfolio.
- Don't forget to include a link to your portfolio. Our design team is looking forward to seeing what you can do!
That's it! We know our hiring process is challenging, but it's our way of selecting the best
- and your way of ensuring your AlgaeCal teammates are top-notch.
Click the ?Apply Now? button on this page and upload your cover letter, resume and portfolio.
***Note: Please include your cover letter WITH your resume and portfolio in one document. Applications without a cover letter will not be read!
We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right person, so act quickly and you can also expect a prompt response.