As a member of the Global Editorial and Publishing team in Toronto, the Copy Editor will be responsible for editing and producing electronic financial services research reports and collateral documents on a timely basis. This position reports to the Assistant Vice President, Editorial and Publishing.
- Provide accurate, high-quality editing and proofreading of documents, including press releases, rating reports, industry studies, research, and methodologies, in a timely manner.
- Maintain relationships with analysts, management, and other stakeholders to produce/enhance content.
- Ensure all communication projects comply with internal guidelines for style and brand management.
- Fulfill document requests and manage deadlines for several analysts and projects at once.
- Work on call (evenings and weekends) on a weekly rotation in order to meet urgent business requirements.
- Minimum three years of experience as an editor, preferably in the financial services industry or in business journalism.
- Strong copy editing, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Capacity to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
- University degree in a related field.
- Canadian Securities Course is an asset.
- Preference is given to candidates with a basic understanding of the debt market, securitization, and the credit rating process.
- Bilingualism (English and French) or European languages is an asset.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Knowledge of InDesign is an asset.
- Availability to work the 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. shift.
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar's approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers' needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.