Commercial Writer/Producer (Clg)-Commercial Production
Calgary, AB, Canada Req #1197
Monday, April 5, 2021
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Work Status: Full-Time Temporary (Maternity Leave Coverage)
Location: Calgary, Alberta
About the Role:
Global Calgary, is currently seeking a Temporary (Maternity Leave) Commercial Writer/Producer/Director to join their Corus Creative Services team. This position will be primarily responsible for the production of commercial creative and will report to the Manager of Creative Services.
Corus Creative Services is an experienced team of Writers, Producers, Directors, Voice Artists, Editors, Graphic Artists, Audio & Camera Technicians. We are experts in developing effective advertising and marketing campaigns across all platforms. We offer our clients a full-service production facility for the creation of multiple length television and radio commercials, corporate videos, public service announcements, promotion and contesting, image/brand campaigns, multi-platform on-line/videos, long format programming and more. The successful candidate will work in an extremely competitive market and join our award-winning team... Calgary's most complete in-house production center.
- Support account managers and prospective clients with all Pre Production, Production and Post-Production requirements.
- Has client facing knowledge, experience and professionalism approach/care.
- Meet, present, and sell production concepts with prospective clients and account representatives as required.
- Ability to provide achievable creative concept ideas and establish processes to develop, write, produce and direct the production of various creative to meet client needs for both short and long form broadcast material.
- Have the ability to multi task, formulate, develop, implement and complete creative projects on tight deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to manage and share creative solutions under tight timelines.
- Balance creative concepts with designated budget and resource restrictions.
- Proven understanding of industry rate cards and the quoting process with an eye and confidence to increasing production revenue when possible.
- Provide prospective clients with written quotes, work back schedules, storyboard, pre-production booklets and overall pre-planning as required.
- Complete monthly invoices, summaries and reports as required.
- Have exceptional interpersonal, organization and attention to detail skills.
- Have an excellent knowledge of the production process including but not limited to well-honed creative writing skills, production processes/planning, casting, familiarity with HD and SD formats, directing EFP and Studio shoots, final cut editing; animations and graphics, Adobe Premiere Pro Editing; animation, motion graphics, directing voice over talent, sound design etc.
What We Need From You:
- The successful candidate will be creative, passionate, enthusiastic, people-centered and flexible.
- Possesses a proven track record including direct experience in commercial production with client facing responsibilities.
- A minimum 5 years minimum experience as a Commercial Writer Producer Director on client commercial productions within a television broadcast environment.
- Post-secondary education in television broadcasting or equivalent.
- Individual will be a professional team player with excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to develop solid client relationships and understand general accounting and budgeting.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients in a television production and broadcast environment.
- Has the ability to work seven days a week and will be flexible on working longer than an 8 hour day or over weekends, dependent on client production's needs.
- Will also have the ability to travel when required.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day
- Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique
- and amazing
- place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
04-Advertising Creative, Design & Production
Job Start Date
Monday, April 26, 2021