Headquartered in Calgary, AB and in business for over 30 years; PBS is the third largest DMS (Dealership Management System) provider to the North American retail automotive industry. We are unique in the industry because we view our customers as business partners, technology innovators, and friends.
PBS Software is a true windows-based platform which integrates with our own suite of mobile apps; boasting ease of use and training while fully featured to support our customer experience. Our software can run all aspects of an automotive dealership with sales, service, inventory management and accounting modules to keep things moving at a steady pace.
The Bilingual Communications Specialist assists with implementing a strategic marketing and communications plan for PBS Systems, which involves:
- Actively promoting the organization's profile with target audiences
- Writing and editing articles
- Overseeing publications and promotional materials, including proofing, translating (FRENCH and ENGLISH), writing, editing, and layout design
- Contributing to the company website
- Liaising with applicable departments
- Assisting with social media activities
- Ensuring Automotive terminology is used properly in both official languages
The Communication Specialist, bilingual, will also provide support to the Marketing Operations Team with corporate initiatives, as directed by the Manager of Marketing Operations and the Vice President of Business Communications.
- Create content and obtain approvals for a variety of external and internal materials, including designed collateral, web pages, and video scripts
- Work closely with the Communications Coordinator and Marketing Operations Team to develop, create, and maintain various communications projects
- Organize and proof French translations as needed, including but not limited to external trade publications and sponsorship opportunities
- Conduct administrative tasks for the department or company on an as needed basis
- Liaise and support the Development Team with translation requests
- Provide uniform, accurate, consistent, and on-time delivery of company-focused communications, for both the English and French-speaking markets
- Support a collaborative approach by working with internal and external stakeholders, primarily the Communications Department, members of the Marketing Operations Team (i.e. graphic designers, events coordinators, product experts, etc.) to ensure the success of the team and corporate initiatives
- Identify opportunities for improvement of the translation process across the communication cycle including needs assessment, development, and implementation
- Maintain the corporate French Automotive terminology bank to standardize terminology usage, ensure uniformity, style, and tone of the brand
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficiency in MS Office (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience in the automotive industry is a strong asset
What we offer:
- Exciting work environment and product
- Full technical support and training
- Full time permanent role
- Competitive base salary
- Benefits and incentives
- Growth opportunities
PBS Systems thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. PBS Systems is an employment-equity employer. Candidates who require accommodations throughout the recruitment process please contact the Recruiting Department.
PBS Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disability Assistance (Requests on your application status will not receive replies.)
PBS Systems is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including any job seeker with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email via Isarta. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and the Job Title of the position for which you are applying.
JOIN A WINNING TEAM AT PBS Systems
At PBS Systems we thrive on inspiring pride among our team members and envy among our competitors.
Our culture rests on providing opportunity and challenge for our team members while encouraging healthy work-life balance.
To keep growing and building on our success we look for like-minded individuals to join our team.
Bring your passion, energy and experience.
We will give you the training, support and encouragement to succeed.
Powered by JazzHR