We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 2,700 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
At IBI, we're defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group as per of OneT+ JV was awarded the Technical Advisory Consultancy for Scarborough Subway Extension and Yonge Subway Extension. The position Project Coordinator (Construction Communication and Community Relations) is specific to Scarborough Subway Extension Project to carry out Construction and Project Coordination related to community relations in Scarborough subway Extension. Reporting to the Construction Lead, the successful candidate will not only have strong project coordination experience, an eye for detail and strong sense of urgency, but also very strong written and verbal communication skills. You will also offer specific experience in working in complex construction projects (P3, Infrastructure, Transit, Master Planning, etc.) involving multiple disciplines across architecture and engineering as well as public relations. The work will involve effective communication and coordination with communities, Contracting Authorities, Stakeholders and Contractors. Past experience working on Light Rail Transit (LRT) projects is a definite asset. Note that this role will require a significant amount of time dedicated at the project site(s) in Scarborough.
Most Of The Things You'll Work On:
- Reports to the ATSEE Construction Lead
- Liaise and coordinate with Contracting Authority to resolve community issues and complaints
- Liaise with the community and stakeholders
- Develop the Stakeholder communication section of the Monthly progress report in coordination with the Commercial Manager
- Identify and report any potential issues, delays, risks related to community relations
- Investigate community construction complaints
- Follow up with Contractors on resolving construction complaints
- Frequent visits to the project sites in Scarborough to coordinate and liaise with the Community.
- Attend meetings with CA and Stakeholders as needed and when required
You'll Need to Have:
- Minimum Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma ideally in the fields of communication, construction coordination or engineering.
Minimum 5 years of experience in community and stakeholders coordination related to heavy construction projects.
- MUST HAVE experience with complex construction projects involving close contact with the public such as P3, Infrastructure or LRT projects. Experience on Metrolinx projects is desired.
- MUST HAVE strong communication, and negotiation skills with an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing as well as be able to independently write reports and correspondence
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management and coordination skills with a keen ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively
- Must be technically savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- MUST be able to work on site and travel to project site offices in Scarborough from time to time.
Located at 55 St. Clair Ave West, this office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
- Furnished patios on different floors to eat lunch, to have meetings and team BBQs
- Charitable Events
- Habitat for Humanity builds, Golf tournaments, United Way Fundraisers
- Social Gatherings
- Holiday Party, Summer Social, Project Passport, P(ie) day
- Softball team
- Running group
- Health and Wellness competitions
- Lunch room with ping pong tables and foosball table
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are proud to support the growth and equality of our people through initiatives like our Mentorship Program, Global Women's Network, and Diversity & Inclusion Council. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record. #ibi
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience. Please limit PDF files to 10MB