Requisition ID: 94396
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Senior Manager, National Communications is a results-focused leader and strategic thinker, responsible for the development and socialization of an integrated communication strategy. As the Senior Manager, you will oversee the execution of the agreed upon tactics to support the Canadian Banking Contact Centre's (CBCC) key business priorities. Specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for identifying and continually leveraging multiple communication platforms, technologies, tools and resources to drive increased knowledge, deliver effective just-in-time communication and drive employee engagement to deliver an excellent customer experience. In addition, you will work closely with the CBCC leadership team nationally to support the strategic planning cycle to meet evolving business needs.
What will your role be?
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication and engagement plan that drives consistency across the CBCC and aligns with the Global Contact Centres' strategy.
- Create a rolling annual communication plan with all key activities and events pre-planned for the year ahead.
- Develop key messages that support and reinforce the CBCC strategy and reinforce alignment with the Global Contact Centres' strategic priorities.
- Liaise with the CBCC Senior Leadership team to negotiate and finalize timelines and delivery mechanisms to execute the elements of the communication plan.
- Leverage technology and other tools to deliver a communication plan that takes into account the national needs of the CBCC and considers the 24/7 nature of the business.
- Collaborate across the CBCC and with partners in Retail Distribution to improve the cross-channel customer experience.
- Work closely with Branch Customer Experience to share best practices for communication across the branch network and CBCC to align key messaging.
- Educate and inform business lines about the critical role National Communications plays in the change management process to support the implementation of new products and enhancements.
- Work closely with all other team members within Contact Centre Communications to ensure that key messages reflect the collective insights drawn from the Team.
- Work closely with the Strategy, Change Management & Communication (Canadian Banking Finance) team to ensure that the CBCC are represented appropriately in Canadian Bank strategy executions.
- Provide exceptional communication and change management support for CBCC senior executive team and the CBCC.
- Oversee the creation and development of all CBCC Senior Executive presentations for all audiences both internal and external.
- Develop and deliver key communication messages drawn from insights and emerging trends taken from a multitude of forums with the CBCC Leadership team and CBCC employees nationally.
- Take an organized and disciplined approach to delivering change management communication, ensuring a clear vision and well-articulated plan to achieve the desired outcome.
- Manage the emergency communication process to deliver critical information during periods of operational/system related degradations and outages.
- Lead the creative design and development of innovative communication solutions that support superior business outcomes and increased employee engagement.
- Lead the National Communications team to develop an employee engagement program that will leverage the ideas of the Communications team nationally and position the CBCC to achieve its desired business goals.
- Leverage current and emerging technologies and multi-media platforms to deliver complex ideas in a simple manner to the CBCC nationally.
- Leverage communications mechanism within the broader organization to communicate key messages to CBCC employees and about the CBCC broadly for the Canadian Bank (e.g. Scotiabank Live, Branch Resource Centre.)
- Contribute to and support the Knowledge Management strategy for the CBCC.
- Demonstrate strong team leadership to motivate and sustain individual and team performance.
- Foster and develop a strong, positive team environment, driving employee empowerment, innovation and a high degree of engagement.
- Exhibit an ability to listen, negotiate and communicate goals.
- Identify and support training and developmental needs of team members.
- Manage staffing requirements and departmental workloads, especially during peak periods.
Skills you already have
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- High degree of innovation and creative thinking in order to continually improve communications
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent persuasion and negotiating skills
- Able to work independently and within a multiple, matrixed project team and across business lines
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in order to achieve objectives
- Knowledge of the Canadian retail banking industry, products and services is required
- Degree (communications/journalism/business/marketing related), or relevant experience required
- Non-standard hours/days are a common occurrence
This role is located at 888 Birchmount
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.