Date Posted: 12/10/2020
- Human Resources
Department: Ofc of VP-Human Resources & Equity
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Communications & Change and the Executive Director, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI), the Equity Communications Advisor is responsible for developing, designing, and coordinating communications for the Division of Human Resources & Equity, in support of the goals and needs of the Executive Director and directors within the Equity portfolio.
The incumbent is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of communication materials and programs that enhance and promote the University of Toronto as an employer of choice, and assists in the development of key equity messages and communication for central projects, initiatives, annual processes, and on behalf of senior leaders within the Division.
The Equity Communications Advisor will provide communications in support of change management related to HR projects, guidelines initiatives, and events, and will develop a range of communications products that require knowledge of confidential information impacting staff, students and faculty. The role of the Equity Communications Advisor will continue to evolve and the individual must be willing to respond to changing priorities while working cooperatively in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Bachelor's degree in communications or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum four (4) years' progressively responsible and related experience in communications, including equity communications, development and implementation of internal communication and social media strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of equity, diversity and inclusion and human rights. Experience in a public sector environment strongly preferred.
- Extensive background in executing new communications strategies and tools to suit different internal communications needs of multiple stakeholders within a complex environment.
- Working knowledge of Web and design utilities such as CMS, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, accessibility tools and AODA standards, and understanding of inclusive design principles.
- Understanding of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, Ontario Human Rights Code and relevant legislation is preferred. Knowledge of HR practices and project and brand management experience an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate ideas to diverse audiences of varied technical understanding by using accessible, inclusive, and plain language.
- Strong presentation and organizational skills.
- Rapid editing skills. Initiative and demonstrated analytical skill.
- Must be highly proactive, with the ability to manage a wide and dynamic range of duties simultaneously. Must be service and detail oriented.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, keep calm under pressure and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be able to use communication skills to produce various materials to reach targeted audiences both within and outside of the University.
- Comfort, facility and effectiveness with information technologies (e.g., advanced skills in Microsoft Office, webpage maintenance, email, Internet and scheduling software).
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgement. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Closing Date: 01/11/2021, 11:59PM EDT
Employee Group: Salaried
Appointment Type: Budget
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone: PM 2
- Hiring Zone: $71,657
- Broadband Salary Range: $71,657
Job Category: Human Resources & Equity