Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We're marketers, communicators, and strategic pursuit partners who play an integral role in the development and execution of creative vision, innovative solutions, and business strategies. As trusted advisors, we collaborate with project managers, engineers and scientists and to drive projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Do you love to strategize? To lead a team towards successful outcomes? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple initiatives at once? We have an opening for a Senior Marketing Specialist to join our regional marketing team. This position will be focused on partnership and growth for our Ontario Environmental Services group , a team of over 140 key professionals focused on Mining, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Federal and Power. The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced professional with a minimum seven years career history in a senior marketing and/or business development role for an environmental consulting firm;
- Be a self-starter who is comfortable directing a technical team on the delivery of pursuits, promotional material and business development activities;
- Be able to help build and execute a well-considered business strategy;
- Have a working knowledge of the AEC industry including competitor insight and familiarity with the key clients;
- Have business acumen including interpreting basic financial data (budgets, forecasts etc.);
- Is well organized and interested in developing best practices within your scope of work; and
- Is a team player willing to mentor and guide team members using their own expertise;
In return, we offer a supportive workplace, where working ?outside of the box? and inspiring each other to think differently is just the way we are. This role provides you the opportunity to be a true equal partner to your practitioner team, where you have a voice at the table and your ideas and input on all aspects of the business are welcomed. This role is the new definition of a marketing professional and will allow you to stretch yourself to new heights.
If this sounds like your perfect role, and you want to work with one of the worlds leading Engineering Consulting Firms, we would love to hear from you.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain positive working relationships with your Environmental Services business leadership, practitioners and your marketing team
- Strategy development and execution for top line growth within the Ontario and National Stantec Environmental Services business line
- Partnering with Account Management team to drive key client growth strategies
- Managing the needs of a diverse team with varying priorities
- Work closely with our marketing leadership team to drive success and set us apart
- Business and market analysis, research and reporting of trends and results
- Proposal writing, pre-positioning, and interview preparation
- Prepare engaging pursuit and promotional materials which highlight our depth of experience and expertise
- Development and implementation of annual Environmental Services Marketing & Business Development Plan
- align promotional activities with business strategy and brand reputation
- Collaborate with our Public Relations team on key pursuits, promotional activities and positioning campaigns
- Facilitate and document meetings and training sessions with practitioners
- Sound record keeping for internal information management.
- Mentorship of junior marketing team members
YOUR CAPABILITIES AND CREDENTIALS
- A passion for people, building trust and fostering solid relationships
- Proficiency in business development and strategic planning, capacity to think outside the box while adapting to changes in market trends
- An active-listener; critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A diligent and detail-oriented proposal leader with exceptional prioritization and organizational skills
- An experienced writer with a passion for developing tailored, engaging proposal material, with overall ownership of the final written and graphic content.
- Well-honed resiliency and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work effectively within a group and independently
- Must thrive working in a deadline-driven environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Post-secondary degree or an equivalent level of experience. 7-10 years of experience in marketing and/or business development within the engineering consultant landscape
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Marketing and PR/Communications Professional
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Guelph, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001OB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans