The Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council (KTC) is comprised of the member nations of Loon River, Lubicon Lake Band, Peerless Trout, Whitefish Lake #459 and Woodland Cree First Nations. KTC is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join our organization in a full-time Permanent position.
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Communications Coordinator to work with key management within the organization to improve and maintain several communication functions. You are able to develop a comprehensive communications plan that includes (but not limited to): website/social media content and maintenance, development of newsletters and/or print resources, organizational branding, media training, event planning and coordination of regular information sharing meetings across the organization. You are excellent at working with a variety of people both internally and externally, maintaining positive relationships. You are flexible, organized and action- oriented in your work. Finally, you are familiar with First Nation communities and are culturally competent.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor's degree or diploma in Communications or related education is required, OR a related combination of experience and
- Several years of experience in Communications is
- Excellent computer, public relations, oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Experience working with Indigenous/First Nations, with demonstrated cultural knowledge and competency.
- Possess valid driver's license with access to a vehicle and willingness, capability, and flexibility in working in and travelling to KTC First Nation
- Knowledge of Cree language is an asset
Location: Flexible with regular travel to High Prairie, Peace River, Slave Lake area.
Salary: Will be commensurate with experience.
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for consideration/interview will be contacted. For any questions please email the address below. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to:
KTC Human Resources