The VP of Product Marketing & Brand reports to the President and CEO and as a member of the executive leadership team, will help lead transformation within the organization.
The United Way of the Alberta Capital Region is embarking on a new strategy. The successful candidate will become the architect for this new direction, responsible for product, marketing, communications, and brand and how these departments and teams align with the organization's strategy and values.
You are an individual that aligns with and embodies the values of the United Way. You are a highly engaged executive leader capable of engineering transformative change in an organization. You are a high performer, critical thinker, creative, composed under pressure, team-orientated professional that can function in a little ambiguity, but still maintain focused on the desired vision and outcomes.
Not only do you possess the experience and a track record of creating strong brand, and effective marketing and communication strategies, but you understand how to productionize an organization's capabilities, assets and services into customer centric solutions. You have tangible expertise in product marketing and product life-cycle management, and can create and deploy a multi-year product development strategy that integrates marketing, communications and brand.
You can lead, mentor, guide, excite and engage your teams. People enjoy working with you given your welcoming and inclusive nature, solid knowledge and experience, clear communication, and decisiveness. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from others.
You maintain a pulse on the community and understand how and who to bring together as partners in a product offering toward the betterment of a social challenge. You build and cultivate strong relationships and partnerships with your team, the organization, vendors, volunteers, community and partners.
As an important member of the executive leadership team, you will be an ongoing contributor of ideas, recommendations and initiatives building a continuous improvement culture.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-architect, champion and articulate the organization's new vision and direction centered around commoditizing the organization's products.
- Lead Product, Brand, Marketing, and Communication Teams, including all respective strategies and initiatives.
- Direct the development of UWACR products that convert into measurable returns.
- Guide and advise on tactics, initiatives that best achieve value for customers.
- Promote and encourage continuous improvement and the re-imagining of new and innovative ways to develop product value.
- Budget, allocate, track, assess and report all relevant department and project financials.
- Build, cultivate and nurture trusted relationships among staff, stakeholders, community partners and customers.
- Lead, guide, engage, mentor, inspire, excite, collaborate and challenge your teams.
- Understand community issues, needs, and trends toward identifying the customer audience and assessing opportunities and investments that advance product offerings.
- Keep apprised and advise the executive team on current and new initiatives.
- Collaborate with directors in the development and oversight of respective operating budgets to ensure the effective and efficient allocation of resources to meet established objectives and outcomes.
- Institute measurements for success through KPIs, analytics or metrics, and evaluate for progress holding yourself and others accountable.
- Encourage and foster continuous learning and excellence among directors and teams.
- Manage for risks and instill policies and procedures to best mitigate risks.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, Business, or related.
- Eight (8) to fifteen (15) years of progressive related experience.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of within a leadership / executive role.
- Accreditation through the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) or International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) are considered an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Impeccable ethics and integrity.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven success in the following areas:
- Data management, analytics tooling and infrastructure, and creativity.
- Research and identification of product offerings and value propositions.
- Product marketing, product development and product strategy.
- Designing and delivering multi-year product campaigns.
- Leading strategies in product, marketing and brand that drive awareness, customer solutions, and revenues.
- Leading cross-functional teams in product, marketing, communications and brand.
- Developing digital products in multiple platforms, creating roadmaps and utilizing project prioritization planning.
Want to know a little more about us?
We are people who love what we do, are passionate about our work, and we like to have fun at the same time! We offer rewarding work, a positive and fun workplace culture, and a total rewards package. This is a full-time permanent position and we will keep it open until we find our person.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Our United Way's mission is to mobilize collective action and create pathways out of poverty, and our vision is to create a poverty-free community. We value and operate with a commitment to:
Being courageous in our work.
Capturing our customers' hearts and minds.
Being insights driven and utilizing real data.
Applying a lens of equity and inclusion to all that we do.
United Way of the Alberta Capital Region works with the largest network of partners in the region, bringing community members together to create pathways out of poverty. With a focus on lasting solutions, local impact and measurable results, we can move closer to the vision of a poverty-free community.
United Way of the Alberta Capital Region is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects our diverse community that we serve. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation to apply to join our team. By incorporating a variety of experiences and perspectives, we create opportunities for innovative solutions and maximize the impact of our work.
We are proud to be recognized and certified as a Great Place to Work in Canada and to have made the 2020 list of Best Workplaces? in Alberta.
To learn more about United Way of the Alberta Capital Region, please visit us online: www.myunitedway.ca
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization