Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Global Finance Transformation (FiT) initiative is a multi-year, multi workstream transformation of Manulife's Global Finance Organization
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Change Management, this role is accountable for helping develop, manage and execute change management and communication strategies for the Global FiT program as well as for senior leaders responsible for the program.
This role requires a highly energetic and organized individual with a passion for change management and communications. Experience working with senior executives in a matrixed organization is critical. Areas of focus include communications/change management strategy and execution and supporting senior leadership with executive and employee communications. The role is global, which entails managing communications across geographies and time zones.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE :
- Develop and execute communications/change management plans for the Global FiT program.
- Assist in stakeholder analysis and complexity assessments; conduct impact and organizational readiness assessments, identifying and mapping out people, processes, risks, technologies etc. that will be impacted by the change. This involves detailing the department's evolution from current state, through their transitional states ending at the target operating model using a change management lens.
- Develop program communications, which involve writing, editing and obtaining approvals for announcements, messages, blog posts, presentations, and videos. Oversee communications/event distribution for employees; ensure a high level of quality in all documents and processes.
- Develop communications to support the Global Controller and Chief Accounting Officer.
- Manage and coordinate webcasts/town halls/AMAs.
- Work collaboratively with communications partners in other areas of Finance and the Company.
- Work with partners across the global organization to ensure appropriate executive approvals and that legal/ compliance considerations are met, and that risk is mitigated.
- Leverage digital assets and best practices to help support the successful implementation of the changes brought about by the FiT program.
- Manage communications across multiple geographies, including North America and Asia. Coordinate the translation of communications required for different locations.
- Consider implications for communications to external audiences and work with teams to ensure timely, client-centric and forward-thinking communications to accompany strategic growth.
- Minimum 8 years of related experience, ideally within wealth / asset management or the financial services industry.
- Experience in developing and executing change management programs/communications.
- Ability to work quickly and deal well with ambiguity.
- Comfort in dealing with senior leaders in Finance.
- Encourage innovative thinking and creative problem solving that helps maximize team resources.
- Ability to work throughout the wider Manulife organization and demonstrate highly developed communication, relationship-building and personnel skills; adept at influencing stakeholders and engaging peers.
- Strong written communications and editing ability.
- Detail oriented, with excellent organizational, time and project management skills. Ability to exercise judgment in evaluating and prioritizing competing business issues. Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects while ensuring the ongoing work is completed on time.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work with limited direction.
Understanding of Finance functions within the institutional asset management and wealth management area, industry issues, emerging trends and the opportunities these present to Manulife's wealth and asset management business.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.