THE ROYAL MONTREAL GOLF CLUB OVERVIEW
The Royal Montreal Golf Club, founded in 1873, is the oldest established golf Club in North America. Home to the first Canadian Open in 1904, it has since hosted numerous prestigious events including, most recently, the President’s Cup in 2007 and the RBC Canadian Open in 2014.
45 holes of golf, a stately clubhouse with both casual dining and elegant banquet and function rooms, extensive training facilities, a full-service Pro Shop and Teaching Academy, and pool complex provide existing and potential members with a rich experience.
As Royal Montreal welcomes more families and couples to its fold, the Club is seeking an experienced Member Sales and Marketing Director to contribute to its strategic plan for growth. Reporting to the General Manager and Secretary, this will be a senior position and member of the leadership team.
The Member Sales and Marketing Director is accountable for the Club’s membership growth and maintenance, development of marketing initiatives and membership communications.
The position oversees Club membership including recruiting new members, conducting tours and orientations, and supporting current members with all aspects of membership needs.
The role will focus on adding new members, while also working with existing members to drive retention and foster referrals. Goals for the attraction of tournaments and events, as well as private functions such as weddings and parties, will also be defined.
The position contributes to weekly e-News email communications and oversees marketing of all Club events.
- Properly promotes, coordinates and administers the membership programs to achieve and maintain a full membership
- Establishes rapport with members and prospective members to serve their needs and interests and to increase member satisfaction
- Implements initiatives to reduce member attrition, to generate referrals and to increase new member recruitment
- Ensures membership related data required for communications is accurate and up to date
- Works with the accounting department to process new members, member transfers, etc. and is responsible for maintaining accurate membership reports
- With assistance from the Communications Coordinator, prepares all marketing materials to be distributed to the membership
- Is present for large Club events including all charity events to assist members and guests of the Club
- Prepares membership email communications
- Maintains and updates Club website
- Responsible for content and community management of all social media handles
Skills and Knowledge
- The preferred candidate will have at least three (3) to five (5) years of Club or luxury resort membership sales, communication and marketing experience. Similar experience in a private Club setting will be a plus
- Experience with fundraising, philanthropy, or private event sales will also be considered
- The ideal individual will understand Royal Montreal’s traditions, history, Club culture, and will be able to balance this with the drive, energy, and self-reliance necessary to create strategies and materials to attract new members
- Superb organizational, sales, and presentation skills are critical for success in this position
- Highly effective multi-tasking, prioritization and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Keen eye and attention to detail
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Updated software skills - important to have a continued knowledge of new editing programs (Photoshop etc.) and be up to date on software that may be useful to the role (Jonas Software knowledge an asset)
Strong candidates for this position will also have
- Business, Sales, Marketing or Hospitality Degree
- Private Club experience
- Proven history of membership recruitment success
- Flawless oral and written communication skills in both French and English
- Ability to interact with a Membership Committee and Board of Directors
- Established professional and community network
- Aptitude for, and understanding of, social media and content creation
Salary and Benefits Details
- Competitive salary with a substantial variable compensation (commission) plan
- Group medical plan
- Golf Course Access
The individual in this position typically works regular business hours but may be called upon to manage evening or weekend events during the year and with advanced planning. This full-time position is available immediately.
Please send CV, cover letter and references to:
Scott Dickson, General Manager and Secretary
C/O The Royal Montreal Golf Club
25 South Ridge Rd.
Ile Bizard, QC