Group Benefits and Retirement Solutions (GBRS) serves the needs of Plan sponsors and members, and market sources across Group Benefits and Group Retirement businesses, helping Canadians save for a better retirement and lead healthier lives.
The Marketing team is accountable for developing sound marketing strategies to support GBRS’s growth objectives and distinguish GBRS as the premier service provider in the Group Benefits and Group Retirement industry – managing the strategies from concept, through to detailed execution and launch.
The Associate Marketing Manager’s mandate is to:
- Develop and implement GBRS marketing strategies and campaigns that support our brand, value proposition, market differentiation, and business objectives
- Develop B2C content strategies informed by insights and thorough competitive analysis
- Lead the execution of marketing plans for small to medium-sized projects (can be within one BU, or across CA Div) from concept through to completion, including development of marketing strategies, key internal and external messages, content and any other marketing materials & tools
- Focus on marketing strategies to strengthen plan member relationships to retain and grow business
- Develop the GRS B2C content strategy that aligns with plan member journeys/experiences and drives measurable outcomes in terms of member education, engagement, retention and growth objectives – identify strategic opportunities to break through the noise, differentiate Manulife and build brand awareness.
- Curate, repurpose existing or create new content, by staying on top of trends, understanding customer needs/insights, and working collaboratively with all teams and stakeholders across the company.
- Manage the content calendar and develop deployment strategies on various B2C channels to reach our existing plan members.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of marketing tactics, programs and projects required to support Manulife’s GBRS business goals.
- Lead small to medium-sized projects, from inception to launch; develop marketing plans for product and service initiatives.
- Marketing plans are informed by insights and competitive intel, and rooted in business objectives and marketing objectives with keen focus on KPIs
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders from Manulife’s Group Benefits and Retirement Solutions Marketing and Product teams, Service and Distribution teams to execute small to medium-sized project deliverables and initiatives.
- Manage each plan/campaign/project by following a project plan task list, ensuring successful delivery on all aspects of each project including quality marketing materials and, timely execution of each task
- Collaborate and influence across teams and boundaries, utilizing contacts to build and strengthen teamwork, performance and efficiencies.
- Partner closely with multiple internal key stakeholders from Product, Marketing, Branding and Communications, Research, Distribution, Sales support, PR, etc, to launch marketing initiatives and deliver an integrated and consistent plan member experience.
- Identify and support continuous improvements in processes and functions to increase department’s efficiencies and effectiveness.
- University education, 5-7 years relevant experience developing and implementing marketing communication plans and B2C content strategies
- Financial services industry and business knowledge
- Experience in digital marketing strategies and tactics
- Understanding of best practices for creating and distributing content
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated experience in identifying project risks and issues, and making effective decisions with and engaging team members to develop risk mitigation plans
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization capabilities
- Exemplary problem solving, decision making and innovative thinking skills
- Strong ability to work in an environment of rapid change
- Strong ability to think big and make recommendations outside of organizational traditional norms.
- Adept strategic thinker
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong client and relationship management skills
- Strong business planning and project management skills
- Strong consulting skills (negotiating, relationship building)
- Strong digital and social media skillsIf you are interested in applying: