This temporary full-time position will be available from May 27, 2019 to December 6, 2019, or until the return of the employee, at the board office of the Riverside School Board, located at 7525 chemin de Chambly in St. Hubert.
NATURE OF THE WORK:
The position of project development officer encompasses, in particular, responsibility for research, analysis and development of activities based on a particular theme, such as Communications, Promotions, Rep, Students retention and Student Life in centres, community relations, organizational development. The project development officer ensures the planning, coordination and delivery of an action plan related to a theme calling on the internal and external resources of the school board and representing all sectors related to adult education and vocational training
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
The project development officer participates in the implementation and update of the school board’s strategic plan on a theme for which he or she is responsible; where applicable, he or she becomes familiar with various programs concerning the project to which he or she is assigned, assesses their pertinence, informs those involved of them and simplifies their implementation. He or she analyzes the needs of the community, identifies available resources within and outside the network, consults resources, prepares an action plan, informs management staff of services and educational institutions and formulates recommendations. He or she prepares and conducts, with school board resources, awareness-building, information and training activities designed for the staff involved in the various programs and activities of the project. He or she establishes and maintains relationships with representatives of partner organizations involved in the various programs studied to obtain or give advice or information; he or she informs the organizations concerned of the resources and services of the school board and of the educational institutions. He or she represents the school board in dealings with various partners and resources, conducts meetings of the specialists concerned and coordinates the work of the groups involved in the theme presented. He or she periodically evaluates the activities related to the theme in which he or she is involved; he or she makes comments, produces reports and formulates recommendations concerning the delivery of activities.
- Work in collaboration with all staff members in an effort to improve registrations in AGE and VT as well as improve services to students;
- Organize regular activities for the students in all centres;
- Participate on committees as requested by immediate superior;
- Lead and participate in Marketing/Promotion meetings of all the services and programs in adult education and vocational training including SAE, SARCA, RAC;
- Lead all promotion and communication (website, social media, publicity, etc.);
- Create or develop multimedia material for social media (videos, testimonials, etc.)
- Keep statistics on marketing efforts and their impact;
- Participate in the development of Centres’ activities internally such as the Open House, Adult Leaners’ week, etc., and externally such as Career Fair, Education Fair, in the province and outside the province; may be asked to lead in the development of these activities and others;
- Will be asked to work some evenings and weekends;
- Promote Healthy Living Habits;
- Facilitate the implementation of new services for students;
- Create a Student Council with the Technicians in Social Work;
- Support the students with the organization of their activities;
- Communicate centres activities on social media, website and, when appropriate, to local media outlets (media advisories, press releases, etc.)
- Actively engages in the research, analysis and development of activities and programs based on the analysis of needs. Any other related tasks.
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty.
ANNUAL SALARY: $46,114.00 to $82,585.00 per 35-hour week, according to qualifications and experience.
Candidates should submit a letter of application as well as curriculum vitae to Human Resources, by mail or by e-mail at Via Isarta. RSB will send an electronic acknowledgement of receipt for applications sent to that email address.
Riverside School Board has implemented an Equal Access Employment Program and encourages applications from women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and people with disabilities.