The incumbent reports to the National Director, Sales & Business Development; he/she plans, organizes, leads and monitors all of the sales and distribution activities across Ontario and Atlantic region. The employee’s mandates are based on the execution and the efficiency of retail supply chain: from sales representation to distribution and merchandizing.
The employee applies the organization’s business strategies to the regions and distributors under his/her responsibility. In order to do this, the employee maximizes his/her efforts, as well as the ones of the brokers, distributors and sales representatives.
The employee oversees the drafting, execution and monitoring of business contracts. He/She works closely with distributors and brokers (grocery stores and food services) across Quebec and Ontario.
He/she promotes Trans-Herbe brand products (Four O’Clock, Herbalist, La CourTisane and S Sens) in order to achieve sales objectives.
- Develop and maximize accountability, the level of commitment and a positive attitude within the team;
- Draft and implement business plans by region and sector (Retail and Food Service) in order to consolidate and develop new opportunities;
- Measure and improve performance standards using KPI’s linked to specific markets and business sectors;
- Develop major accounts, independent retailers, alternative networks and assigned distributors using KPO’s and KPI’s;
- Manage business contracts: carry out financial analysis and profitability;
- Draft and present business reviews, category management analysis and category performance analysis of product mixes/assortments and provide recommendations;
- Target and prioritize opportunities based on the company’s strategic plan;
- Generate promotional offers based on approved promotional grids while ensuring incremental volume (sales lifts) and profitability;
- Plan and follow up on client visits, distribution reports, introduction of new products, changes to planograms, activities linked to merchandizing plans and sales blitzes;
- Update client profiles;
- Ensure that contract renewals align with company standards;
- Check and sign all information forms;
- Prepare and draft weekly or periodic reports on his/her own activities, new market developments, the effectiveness of regular promotions and blitzes, staff that he/she works with regularly, and competitor activities;
- Make recommendations on the format, presentation and advertising of products, etc;
- Participate in the preparation and adoption of sales and expenditure budgets (flat rate, discounts, commissions, etc.) that are applicable to the markets under his/her responsibility;
- Implement communication mechanisms for priorities, monitoring and highlights;
- Acquire new clients and maximize the potential of each existing account by signing new contracts and renewing existing contracts;
- Follow up with retailers during annual price increases;
- Verify the increases applied to contracts following price increases;
- Follow up on issues relating to product quality, information, testing, sampling, and pick up any defective products;
- Represent Trans-Herbe at social events and nurture positive working relationships with clients;
Requirements and skills:
- Holds a BA in Communications or Marketing or an equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role at a supermarket chain or pharmacy
- Bilingual (spoken and written)
- Capable of working comfortably with the Microsoft OFFICE suite (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, etc.) and developing new skills