The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Montreal’s communications department is searching for a COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT.
Reporting to the communications director, this person will be responsible for tasks relating to written communications.
- Translate, adapt and review texts from English into French (and vice-versa);
- Draft texts in English and in French (web, news articles, emails, etc.);
- Support the website editor in updating the internet site when necessary;
- Support the website editor in managing social media when necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND APTITUDES:
- Highly proficient in written English and French;
- Excellent abilities in writing, translating and revising texts;
- Very good mastery of Microsoft Office as well as new social media technologies (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others) and internet;
- Demonstrate an interest in the mission of the Church and knowledge of the Catholic community of Montreal;
- Ability to work in a team with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Able to meet deadlines and work with a tight schedule.
- Temporary consulting mandate, a contract of four (4) months, 32.5 hours per week, $18 per hour, with the possibility of renewal and becoming full time.
- Beginning February 2019
Anyone interested in this position may send their application to Mrs. Erika Jacinto by February 4, 2019.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The selected candidates may be asked to write / translate an argument / text in order to evaluate their editorial skills.