The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH – www.wfh.org) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to save an improve lives for people with hemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders, including hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, rare factor deficiencies, and inherited platelet disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 140 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to improve and sustain care and "Treatment For All" around the world by training experts in the field to properly diagnose and manage patients, advocating for adequate supply of safe treatment products, and educating and empowering people with bleeding disorders to help them live healthier, longer and more productive lives.
The WFH is currently seeking an exceptional, highly-motivated team player and results-oriented Director of Marketing and Communications to play a principal unifying role in developing the strategic objectives relating to the marketing and communications activities of the organization overall, and in spearheading their implementation to fulfill the WFH world health mission and key organizational objectives.
The Director will also lead, develop and be responsible for all operations of the marketing and communications department for this international, not-for-profit organization and its smaller US affiliate.
Type of position: Regular, full-time
Reporting to: CEO
Location: WFH Headquarters (Montreal)
Start date: AUGUST 2018 - as soon as possible
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and as a member of the senior management team, the Director of Marketing and Communications will spearhead the development of strategies and all plans, policies, and procedures relating to WFH marketing and communications activities. The Incumbent oversees the implementation and execution of all related initiatives and heads up a team (3-4 professionals) of marketing and communications specialists.
The Marketing & Communications Director further represents the organization when need be at the highest level with corporate partners and other strategic stakeholders.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility for the Communications and Marketing Department
- Participation in organizational strategic planning and development of strategic objectives to ensure the development of marketing and communications activities, and the fulfillment of the WFH mission
- Works closely with CEO/Executive Director, Executive Committee, department directors, and volunteers to develop organizational communications and marketing strategies
Financial and Human Resource Management
- With the CEO and other senior management members, develops an annual budget for approval by the Board of Directors. Produces quarterly and annual reports tracking organizational performance against strategic, budgetary, and annual plan targets. Advises the CEO and others where appropriate on any corrective measures required to achieve annual or longer term strategic, financial or operational objectives.
- Effectively leads, supervises, and develops a team (approx. 3 professionals) of regular staff and contractual resources, including the hiring, training and guidance of staff members, the development of annual performance objectives and the assessment of the team outputs and performance.
- Develops annual work plan in line with strategic plan and annual budget; responsible for all operational functions related to the marketing and communications department, including planning, prioritization, implementation, and evaluation of marketing and communications activities.
- Monitors, evaluates, and ensures the development and production of all marketing and communications tools (ex., database, newsletters and online communications, PR and promotional content of the website, World Hemophilia Day event, advertising and marketing collateral).
- Ensures assistance to all departments (WFH USA, strategic projects-philanthropy, congress and meetings, research & public policy, rrograms & education, humanitarian aid, information technology) with the development of marketing and communications messages and materials, as well as ensures compliance - ex., branding and style guides.
As relevant to the Director, Marketing and Communications position, assumes additional responsibilities and accomplishes other tasks required by the CEO.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in communications, marketing or related field;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in communications, marketing, or related area (public relations, journalism, health education), ideally within healthcare or non-profit sector;
- Additional (4) years in a senior management position as functional lead;
- Outstanding organization and project management skills: experience in orchestrating and leading major marketing and communications initiatives, and ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and tight deadlines;
- Ability to think strategically, with necessary innovation and creativity; capacity to develop, adapt, and implement as need be, new management practices to a changing environment;
- Superior communications skills, both oral and written; ability to develop, edit, clear and convincing copy, visuals, presentations in English (main language of work); knowledge of French, Spanish, and/or another international language/s - an asset;
- Strong financial and budget management experience and skills;
- Experience working with boards and their committees, and with volunteers; ability to effectively team up with people from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and developmental backgrounds;
- Strong leadership, with demonstrable ability to engage and motivate staff around a shared vision and mission, and capacity to effectively collaborate with other functional groups;
- High level of interpersonal capabilities and diplomatic skills to liaise with a broad range of stakeholders worldwide; a global perspective, with specific sensitivity to current and emerging healthcare issues and international development;
- Legally entitled to live and work in Quebec, Canada; availability and willingness to undertake international travel as needed.
The World Federation of Hemophilia / Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.