JOB TITLE: VP, Marketing Canada
LEVEL: Job Grade 20
DEPARTMENT: Marketing Canada
REPORTS TO: Country Manager, Canada
CARE FOR SKIN – CARE FOR PEOPLE:
For more than 130 years, care for consumers and our people is what has driven us. Every day, our global brand icons, such as NIVEA, Eucerin, and Hansaplast, make more than 500 million consumers in over 200 countries feel good in their skin. Join this world of care and start your career in an environment that offers you the freedom to drive our international business with your entrepreneurial spirit. Shape your professional future from day one and explore our collaborative culture with smart, courageous teams that all share one exciting goal: developing skin care products of the next generation.
This role will manage the day to day operations for our brands in Canada as the marketing team and includes budget management, marketing program execution, innovation development and roll out, business analysis and influences, executing digital strategy and supporting people coaching and development.
Co-define and jointly execute the strategy of the company as a member of the Canadian Leadership Team (CLT).
Marketing and Communication Strategy
- Develop in conjunction with the CLT the 5 year strategic business plans for Canada.
- Define and drive all brand strategies (NIVEA, EUCERIN, ELASTOPLAST, AQUAPHOR) specifically and solely for the Canadian market:
- Responsible for optimal local implementation of all brand strategies – in line with the agreed brands portfolio strategic framework (Grow, Maintain & Milk).
- Define market share objectives and lead the development and implementation of the annual marketing strategy.
- Ensure the knowledge transfer to Global Business Units (GBU) for international roll-out.
- Develop all Canadian communication strategies and creatives from TV, Print, Digital in conjunction with the brand teams :
- Adapt international creative communication to be locally relevant and adhere to Canadian regulatory and legal requirements.
- Oversee and direct consumer and shopper market research function (excluding Nielsen).
- Influences International Product Pipeline mainly for NIVEA, identify local needs and drive development accordingly.
- Leads Media, PR, Social Agency pitches and is final decision-maker.
- Presents regularly in companywide town hall meetings, to Board members or VIP visitors.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Marketing organization through guidance and coaching in order to empower teams and individuals, build organizational and individual capabilities, foster Core Values and lead change.
- Define the Long term and short term financial plan (ABP) for Canada together with VP of Sales and Finance.
Organisation and Processes
- Define appropriate marketing organization for the company size and goal, identifying changes and measures for improvement and initiate adequate measures. This includes Brands, Marketing Services and Consumer Services.
- Monitoring the effective and efficient further development of all processes as well as the structure of the unit.
- Lead the development of the annual marketing plan (ABO) of each brand according to the specific Canadian strategy in order to achieve the defined objectives.
- Drive the Canadian innovation pipeline within local & international frameworks for the entire canadian portfolio.
Brands performance and development
- Lead the achievement of required brand performance via reliable and ongoing monitoring against all KPIs (sales, profit, market shares, equity) and Initiate cross corrective action in plan if necessary.
- Actively participate in the forecasting and re-planning operational process (i.e., S&OP).
Marketing budget Management
Ensure profitabilityof company and of each brand in line with set target levels and appropriately monitor marketing expenditures against budget and aims at the optimal performance of return on investment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Marketing degree
- Advances business degree desirable
- 12-15 years of progressive marketing experience in Canadian market across all provinces
OTHER SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong knowledge and experience of local Canadian CPG environment
- In-depth knowledge of media, social and PR channels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Global brands experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Well-developed business acumen
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational level
- Ability to communicate and influence people of diverse background
- Ability to work well in a matrixed environment (Functionally as well as between Canada, USA & Global)
Please provide a resume and salary requirements to be considered.
BEIERSDORF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY COMPANY