Our company is growing and we are looking for an event planner that would be able to fulfill the following responsibilities: manage meticulously all the necessary steps in planning, organizing and executing corporate events in Canada and aboard; to be a key player of an enthusiast and passionate team. This position has been created to support the development of the strategic plan and to be an integral part of the company’s growth.
The individual will bring his/her communication and marketing skills and expertise in the event management. In addition to this, they are to be creative and customer oriented.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations and senior partner, the job applicant will work closely with clients, members of the team and the vendors to deliver an outstanding flawlessly executed event experience. This is a full-time position at the Montreal office which located in old Montreal.
- Meet with clients to understand the purpose of the meeting or event
- Plan the scope of the event, including time, location and cost
- Solicit bids from venues and service providers
- Inspect venues to ensure that they meet the client’s requirements
- Coordinate event services such as rooms, transportation and food service
- Monitor event activities to ensure the client and event attendees are satisfied
- Review event bills and approve payment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, web tools and social medias
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both in oral and written form
- Strong negotiation skills to ensure client’s needs and expectations are met and exceeded while maximizing revenues by spotting and exploiting the up-sell opportunities
- Ability to work independently and guide a team to insure a flawless event
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships within the team and to outside parties, including suppliers and other industry professionals
- Excellent organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong experience in event budgets and reconciliations
- Minimum 5 years of event planning or related experience with a proven track record
- Conference and registration management experience is an asset
- Diplomatic with ability to exercise confidentiality
- Flexibility to work a variety of hours from early morning to late night including some weekends
- Flexibility to travel if supporting external event initiatives
- Expect exposure to confidential matters on certain projects and must maintain high degree of sensitivity in terms of the handling of any material or information