Sales & Administration Coordinator
Aloft Vaughan Mills is currently recruiting for a Sales & Administration Coordinator! The Sales & Administration Coordinator assists both the General Manager and Director of Sales in managing accounts payable on the property, group reservations, meetings, catering and assisting the Front Office as required.
What We Offer
- Work with like-minded team members who are passionate about their work and keep things fun, every day!
- Working with a reputable brand and being part of Silver Hotel Group, a company committed to ensuring a culture of respect, appreciation, and fun (among other things of course)!
- A fast-paced environment in an exciting industry, where you get the chance to meet people from all over the world. It's a good place to be right now!
- Education Reimbursement for you (and your children!
- Annual Wellness Credit
- Team Member Referral Program
- Leadership Development
- Team Building Events
- Culture of Recognition Program
- Hotel Stay Discounts
- Assists in managing, tracking, and preparing invoices for accounts payable;
- Responsible for cash-handling functions for the hotel and reconcile all cash dropped at the front desk;
- Posts city ledger payments in the property management system, reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts;
- Performs follow-up billing and credit collection documentation and informs the General Manager of any potential uncollected accounts;
- Reviews all ledger details: guest, city, and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting;
- Sets up new accounts in accordance with established credit policy;
- Assists with departmental monthly audits of inventories / enter final inventory totals into a spreadsheet;
- Assist with the Front Desk as required during Dept Meetings, including covering shifts when there are vacant Guest Service Agent positions (On request by the General Manager);
- Assisting with F&B (orders, & Inventories);
- Assist the General Manager in supporting SHG & HR initiatives and Social Events;
- Provide assistance for both internal and external customers in the group market;
- Process all leads in a timely manner;
- Conduct creative site inspections customized to the needs of the client;
- Post-meeting room charges in Lightspeed;
- Prepare invoices for meetings and groups with master billing, process payments, and send invoices to clients;
- Prepares proposals and contracts as required by the department within a guaranteed 24-hour period;
- Input actualized numbers and revenue in Delphi;
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Director of Sales.
What We Are Looking For...
- Experience in Hotel Administration or as a Sales Coordinator would be an asset;
- Education in Hospitality Management or Business related fields is a definite asset;
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Hotel Property Management Systems;
- Organized, results-orientated, proven time management skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written, French and English;
- Strong organizational skills are required;
- A positive attitude is a must!;
- Must be available to work flexible shifts as required by the operation;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Please note that the hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
About Aloft Vaughan Mills
The Aloft Vaughan Mills is a star all on its own, our trendy hotel offers excitement inside and out. It is just a couple of steps away from Vaughan Mills, a unique and dynamic mega-mall with upscale restaurants and specialty shops, Canada's Wonderland; and the great outdoors. At Aloft, stylish décor blends with modern comfort to make all rooms cozy, featuring the signature Aloft ultra-comfortable bed, an oversized spa shower, custom amenities by Bliss® Spa, and complimentary wireless Internet access. In addition to convenient access to hot attractions, Aloft Vaughan Mills offers the Re:fuel self-serve gourmet pantry, W XYZ bar and Re:mix lounge to relax or play.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S. and ranges from internationally branded full and select-service hotels to independent and boutique hotels. At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, and Recognition. As we continue to grow, our mantra ?You Matter? resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention. Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 905-362-9503. The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.