We are a growing tunneling contractor based in Calgary, AB that offers its employees exciting opportunities for career growth, a great working environment, and competitive compensation. Bothar Inc. specializes in trenchless tunneling technologies, balancing cost-effective drilling solutions with environmental protection.
Bothar is respected in the trenchless contracting industry by clients and employees alike, for our integrity, commitment to excellence, and customer orientated service. Our great team of staff are the best in their field. They are committed to collaboration, quality, and safety. We invest in our people, and they deliver excellence!
This position is part of the Talent Acquisition Team and the People and Culture department. The focus of this role is the recruitment of field based construction personnel. This is a contract employee position which may be extended.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will support Bothar's business by sourcing and interviewing candidates, and working in collaboration with hiring managers on the selection process.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Utilize an Applicant Tracking System to post engaging ads for employment
- Work in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition Team, People and Culture Manager, and P&C Business Partners
- Conduct pre-screening and coordinate and conduct interviews with the relevant hiring manager
- Attend career fairs when required
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability in sourcing industry talent through various recruitment methods
- An ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures and assimilate technical information
- A strong team player and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with initiative, organizational skills, and collaborative attitude
- Strong verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
Other Relevant Information
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- While performing the duties of this job, Physical Demands will include prolonged standing, walking and/or sitting, use of hand dexterity, hearing and eyesight.
- This role is primarily remote (home office based), which some possible in person meetings.
- This is a contract employee role, and may be extended.
Why Should You Apply?
- New Industry experience with a high performing team
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for advancement with a fast growing company;
While we appreciate all applications, only those who are selected will be contacted.
Bothar is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, and/or disability, feel valued and respected.