This role is hybrid work model
The People Experience Team exists to shape experiences that maximize the potential of our people. HR Connect is one of the four pillars within the People Experience Team, whose primary focus is to empower employee success through general and expert level human assisted support for employee questions, supporting workers in difficult situations, managing performance concerns, and partnering with centers of excellence (COEs) to make improvements to products and experiences and on the design and launch of new programs.
Senior HR Advisors - Performance (internal title is Senior HR Advisor) empower and coach leaders and employees across the business to address areas where employees are not meeting expectations in the areas of performance, conduct and/or attendance through specialized human assisted support. They provide support to the broader HR Connect team, acting as an escalation point and mentor for others in addition to driving or contributing to team initiatives and P&P priorities.
What you'll bring
- MUST have experience supporting performance management in both Canada and internationally.
- Bachelors degree (or country equivalent) or work experience equivalent
- 5+ years of performance management or employee relations or relevant experience
- Preferred additional languages: French
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate verbally and in writing effectively with senior leaders, members of management, and employees at all levels of the company
- Adaptive critical thinking, judgement and analytical skills
- Ability to build human connections easily and deep emotional intelligence and objective empathy
- The ability to see situations from all perspectives and work through performance concerns for the best possible outcomes for everyone involved
- Learning and growth mindset, including understanding trends and continuously seeking to improve yourself and the experience for employees
- Operational excellence, including project management and end-to-end process and workflow management
- Strong cross-functional influencing and communication skills (written, verbal and visual)
How you will lead
- Consistently applies People & Places policies and standards to situations (e.g. performance, conduct, and attendance)
- Advise managers through performance management and coaching conversations, conduct concerns, and attendance related cases end-to-end across both US and Canada. On an as needed basis, occasional consultation with the team manager or collaboration on case escalation with employee relations team.
- Provides coaching to managers and employees to prepare for ongoing, performance-related conversations (e.g. monthly check-in's, 1:1's, and year-end conversations)
- Follow the playbooks, protocols and standards and requirements for case documentation and management developed by the Employee Relations team as it relates to addressing employees not meeting expectations, and contributes to further improvements.
- Builds capability for managers and employees through individual cases, sharing insights and trends with the employee relations team
- Assists the channel support team to identify and route worker welfare situations to the appropriate team
- Drives team priorities and projects with well-defined outcomes
- Contribute to complex team priorities and projects and/or People & Places priorities with outcomes that are only somewhat defined
- Provides mentorship and support to other Performance Advisors and contributes to recruiting and onboarding efforts