Surge Learning is a fast-growing SaaS platform that focuses on e-Learning, Quality & Risk and Policy Management in the Canadian Health Care sector. We are looking for a seasoned, self-motivated, passionate, ambitious Business Development Manager (BDM) with a potential for growth to join our growing sales team. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, you will contribute in promoting and maintaining relations with prospective clients and partners, and in performing all phases of the sales process.
If you believe in making a difference while working with a highly motivated and focused team, please read on.
- Performing proficiently all phases of the sales process, including but not limited to identifying, contacting, and qualifying prospects; generating interest, demonstrating our products, preparing proposals, negotiating pricing, supporting and providing information for sales purposes, handling every subsequent step of the sales process leading to closure, drafting and submitting sales agreements and other required documents and ensuring they are completed, signed and returned; managing the CRM software and other items required to document the BD and Sales process. Experience and proficiency using HubSpot CRM is highly desired
- Completing all assigned tasks in a kind, professional, thorough, and timely manner, achieving all set training and performance targets established for the position
- Contributing to the sales workflow by accepting assigned tasks and proactively covering emerging tasks for sales purposes as requested
- Responding to sales-related requests and inquiries providing accurate information
- Prospecting for new clients using the internet, phone, cold calling and in-person meetings, tradeshows and other mediums
- Working with all company sales support groups to develop initiatives and lead generation
- Qualifying potential new business by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements and financial benefits
- Research, assembly and development of target lists for new markets
- Submitting timely and accurate reports of sales activities (e.g. interactions, account information) using the existing system (CRM).
- Analyzing and reporting on developments in the market place and competitor activities (market intelligence)
- Representing Surge at trade shows and conferences to build brand awareness with the market and client base.
- Collaborating with the Director of Business Development and other members of the Sales Team to develop and implement strategic sales initiatives
- Other tasks directly or indirectly required for sales purposes as needed
- 5 years sales experience preferably in the health care sector or 5 years of experience in healthcare nursing or management roles.
- Eagerness to learn and receive extensive training as needed to be successful
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Persuasive with strong negotiation skills
- Self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook, clear focus and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with the team and follow directions well
- Open mindedness, sense of humor and you enjoy a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task the activities and shifting priorities
- A proven track record of successful prospecting and sales achievements desirable
- Experience in Marketing, Event Management and Communications desirable
- Experience with Web Based Applications (SaaS), Microsoft Office, and CRMs - especially HubSpot - is a plus
- A fun, productive and fast paced environment
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Skills Training & Development
- A growing business with opportunity for advancement
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Company pension
- Extended health care
- Opportunities for professional growth
Salary: $65,000-$70,000 per year base salary, plus commission