L'Association Étudiante de l'Université de McGill est présentement en période d'embauches. Avec plus de 20,000 membres, l'AÉUM a pour rôle de représenter les étudiants et de leur offrir des services depuis 1908.
The Student's Society of McGill University (SSMU) is currently hiring. With over 20,000 members, SSMU's role is to represent students and to offer services since 1908.
This position is created to comply with the provincial requirements of Bill 96. Reporting to the Translation Manager, the primary responsibility of the Translator is to provide high-quality translations in French as required by the new bill. Their tasks include but are not limited to job offerings, employment contracts, collective agreements, and more.
- Work with the Communications Department to provide high-quality English to French translations for all digital and printed materials of the society – including, but not limited to, public-facing documentation, governance documents, documents related to employment, and more.
- Manage multiple priorities and requests while communicating and updating internal clients on timelines;
- Preserve the society’s tone and voice for all translations;
- Maintain the content, context, and style of the original material to the greatest extent possible;
- Consult with subject matter experts and other colleagues in order to understand specialized concepts and translate them appropriately;
- Communicate with the manager and other members of the society about the status of projects and queries from student translators;
- Continually update the glossary and style sheet;
- Complete other tasks and projects for the Communications Department as assigned by the Manager;
- Complete other tasks and projects related to Bill 96 as they arise.
- 1-2 years of translation experience;
- Completion of a translation course within the DLTC (Département des littératures de langue française, de traduction et de création)
- Strong writing skills in both English and French required;
- Knowledge of gender-inclusive writing techniques in English and French;
- Demonstrate creativity and originality in your writing;
- Manage multiple projects and requests;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail;
- Well-versed in copyediting (grammar, spelling, etc.);
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint);
- Experience in interpreting an asset;
- Good knowledge of the Quebec Francisation’s guidelines is an asset.
- Full-time salaried position: Up to $45,000
- Highly competitive group benefits package
- Position starts (ASAP) or October 3, 2022
- Application closes September 23, 2022, 11:59PM
It is understood and agreed that all matters to the SSMU and those clubs association or groups forming part of the SSMU are to be kept in the strictest of confidence, and nothing regarding the operations, policies and general activities of the SSMU or its constituent groups shall be divulged to any third party without the express consent of the General Manager and/or the Executive Committee of the SSMU.
At the SSMU, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. If you require accommodation(s) for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.