Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values, leadership accountability, and the growth and development of our Ambassadors.
The Social Media & Online Reputation Manager contributes to the overall success of Coast Hotels by developing strategies, overseeing the execution of original content and suggesting creative ways to attract and engage current and future guests and promote our hotels. Ultimately, you will help to increase social engagement, positive brand sentiment, brand affinity, and online reputation aligned with broader digital marketing and brand awareness strategies and revenue generation goals.
This role will collaborate and work with our internal Web, CRM, loyalty and graphic design teams, hotel General Managers, property representatives, and third-party digital agencies. The role will assist with content creation and upload for existing and future guest-facing technology.
- Creates the organic social media strategy and overseeing the deployment of engaging text, image and video content, aligned with paid social media and digital marketing initiatives by our digital agency.
- Designs posts and developing relevant content topics that sustain readers' curiosity, create engagement and reach our brand's target customers.
- Facilitates online conversations with customers and assisting in creating, curating and managing all published content (images, video and written).
- Suggests new and innovative ways to attract prospective customers, like social media promotions and contests.
- Creates and leading an effective influencer marketing strategy.
- Acts as a consultant to our hotel leaders in online reputation management and assisting them in achieving their response rate goals and objectives.
- Reports on and analyzing data, statistics and results for strategy improvement.
- Develops an optimal posting schedule, considering the traffic and customer engagement metrics.
- Assists with content creation and upload for existing and future guest-facing technology such as digital signage, mobile app, etc.
- Keeps up to date with changes in current and future social platforms, ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Ensures brand identity and style guides and assets are used consistently across all social media platforms and accounts (brand and hotels).
- Manages access to third-party tools and software programs by maintaining a secure log-in and password repository.
- Accepts other assignments from the Vice President, Revenue Strategies & Communication as and when required.
- Completes other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years' work experience as a social media manager including strong knowledge of multiple social media platforms
- Experience in building and growing brand affinity and awareness on social media.
- Strong track record in managing resources including budgets.
- Strong project management skills.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college.
- Experience in the hospitality or tourism industry is an asset.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills. Polished and professional demeanor and appearance.
- Positive team player with a can-do attitude who can thrive in a fast-paced business environment.
- Proactive and creative approach, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.
- Experience using Sprout Social, BuzzSumo and ReviewPro or similar applications.
- Familiarity with the OKR method is an asset.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including Microsoft 365, internet and database applications.
- Not content with the status quo; driven to create positive change and growth
- Exemplifies Coast's core values and enjoys working in a culture of accountability Who You Are - You are a natural storyteller, tech-savvy and knowledgeable of current and emerging social media channels and trends, and you love to analyze data and statistics that can inform content creation and audience engagement. You enjoy a fast-paced collaborative business environment and love variety in your day, managing all aspects of organic social media, influencer marketing campaigns, content creation and brand reputation.
Location - We are based in downtown Vancouver, BC and we are open to having the role located remotely, in B.C. or Alberta.
Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities & more!
Upon hire, candidates must provide COVID-19 vaccine card.
Coast Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
NO PLACE LIKE COAST