Senior Marketing Manager, Lab Automation Solutions and Robotics
When you're part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do rewarding work and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing, global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $31 billion and the largest R&D investment in our industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location: Remote home based in US or Canada
How will you make an impact?
Our Laboratory Automation business provides industry leading workflow solutions through robotic automation, predominantly for the Pharma, Biopharma and the Genetic testing space. With installations and partnerships worldwide, we are fully committed to the scientific advancement of our customers. We are a fast growing business with a dynamic and inspiring work environment. Every day, our employees can directly relate the impact of their work to Thermo Fisher Scientific's mission of making the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
What will you do?
As the Senior Manager - Marketing, you will own all global marketing functions (product management, product marketing, MarCom, Applications & Quoting) to convert customer needs and market trends to solutions and go-to-market strategies. You will manage a team of highly engaged individuals and influence other functions, including R&D, Commercial, Service, and Operations, to ensure we meet our yearly marketing, booking, revenue, and growth targets. Our success will come from your work ethic, creativity, eye for business, relationship-building skills, understanding of key markets, and passion to lead and motivate a distributed team to achieve ambitious targets. As a crucial member of the Laboratory Automation leadership team, together we will enable our customers to accelerate research, improve product quality and develop drugs faster!
- You will directly lead, develop, and provide direction to global product-line marketing and application teams of the Laboratory Automation business
- You have the overall responsibility for product marketing, i.e. development of value proposition and marketing campaigns, partnering with our commercial teams for maximum impact.
- You will develop and implement campaigns that deliver awareness and demand for your products.
- You will manage the pricing and quoting of our product and solution offerings and will define pivotal initiatives to improve results and maximize growth.
- You will be responsible for the execution of initiatives that drive profitability including; product mix management, cost-down projects, and business-case for high-margin R&D projects.
- You will deliver monthly updates to the business unit leadership on progress towards annual operating plan goals and strategic priorities.
- You own the product roadmap and are accountable for product lifecycle management from concept through to discontinuation.
- You will develop business cases to encourage investment in new products, or initiatives to achieve growth in exciting new or adjacent markets.
- You will act as the champion for Laboratory Automation in the division. In this role, you will manage within a matrixed organization while closely linking with customers, KOLs, 3rd party partners as well as commercial channels, R&D and service organizations.
- Your success will be judged on bookings, customer-allegiance score (CAS), revenue, vitality, and profitability.
- As the successful candidate, you have excellent business discernment, with a good understanding of financial reporting.
- You understand and relate to technical product capabilities and requirements.
- You provide global vision, role-model leadership, and command with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- You are a role-model leader, generating passion and building effective working relationships globally; with an ability to coach, mentor, and influence in distributed team settings.
- You are skilled at problem-solving and conflict resolutions that build excellent outcomes.
- Requires strong collaborative leadership experience who empowers their teams to deliver innovative ideas and exceptional results
- Proven solutions oriented approach and experience
- Technical understanding of robotics and laboratory instruments and a proven ability to translate complex technical information into clear marketing presentations to delight our customers.
- Solid understanding of relevant markets as well as key drivers.
- Experience with capital equipment sales and long lead time operations
- Flexibility to global remote-working patterns (global calls and travel)
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Strong presentation, writing, influence, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with working in a matrix structured organization
- Experience in collaborating with global commercial, operations, and service teams
- Sophisticated problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels
- Bachelors or higher degree, preferably in marketing or business. MBA and background in Life Sciences and/or Laboratory Automation are preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.