Where do you find your local community news? How do you stay connected to new and old businesses in your community? Metroland Media is a communication company built on a strong history of providing the news to Ontario's door steps for over 100 years. In this ever growing industry we have continued to evolve, allowing us to become the industry leaders. Flyers, magazines, trade shows, digital advertising and distribution is a snapshot of our companies breadth. If you are looking for a dynamic company built on a strong history within your community, look no further.
Identifying a new opportunity through an ongoing trend to provide marketing opportunities to our clients in a more online and virtual way, we are creating a new high-performance virtual Inside Sales team to work solely from their home office. We are currently searching for elite selling professionals to join this new team.
We are a looking for highly motivated, self-starters that understand customer-need based, consultative selling and can develop business prospects from multiple sources. If you are an organized, persistent, and driven sales professional that thrives in a fast-paced environment while working exclusively from home, this role is for you.
The successful candidates will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating sales revenue for both print and digital products across select Community markets. Individuals will have the ability to grow existing business, reestablish client relationships and initiate new business using industry leading sales support technologies.
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone interested in being able to work remotely from their home, anywhere in Ontario
- Working from home developing sales via telephone, virtual and email communications
- Follow up on inbound leads in line with established expected Service Levels
- Manage targeted client and prospect lead list and a high volume of client accounts.
- Conduct a needs analysis to help identify budgets and needs to recommend appropriate product selections for clients.
- Work daily with sales tools including CRM and Sales Engagement Platform
- Build and cultivate client relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Track sales pipeline to consistently meet monthly revenue and client acquisition goals.
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is a PCI compliant company and requires people in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner.
- Minimum 1 -3 years of sales experience. Print and digital media experience an asset.
- Creative thinker that has a professional, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity quotas
- An expert at getting to the Right Party Contact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in using Sales Support digital technology including a CRM system.
- Highly self-motivated and accountable
Diversity & Inclusion
Torstar Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Torstar is committed to ensuring employment opportunity to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status or disability or any other factor protected by law.
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code we will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.
Torstar Corporation remains committed to its employees and to providing a safe workplace. As of November 30, 2021, candidates for employment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and successful candidates must agree to obtain any additional vaccinations or booster dose(s) that may be required. Proof of such vaccination will be required. We will make accommodation for qualifying medical or religious exemptions