Title: Administrative Assistant
Department : Knowledge Exchange
Job ID: 21-0638
Great people, exceptional teams building a stronger Public Health Ontario.
We are Public Health Ontario (PHO). We live our values as a shared promise to each other, our clients and our partners. We value credibility, innovation, responsiveness, collaboration, integrity and respect. With our partners in Ontario's health system, we monitor and address the needs of the population by providing the scientific evidence and expert guidance that shapes policies and practices for a healthier Ontario. With locations across Ontario, we are working to ensure that Ontario has the strongest public health system in the world so that every day Ontarians wake up in one of the safest places to live in the world.
For more information about PHO, visit www.publichealthontario.ca
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Department : Knowledge Exchange
Location: 480 University Ave, Toronto (currently remote)
Duration : 12 month contract
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Salary: $24.35 to $27.44 a hour
Posting Date: November 22, 2021 Closing Date: December 6, 2021
All new PHO employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with Public Health Ontario's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, unless they are exempt on the basis of medical or other grounds pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
To provide a range of administrative services to support the operations and services within the Knowledge Exchange Department and the Research, Information and Knowledge portfolio
- Provides various administrative services to support the teams, programs, services and/or operations of the department and portfolio
- Coordinates work flow, reviews and approvals in support of programs/services/operations.
- Responds to requests and provides information regarding program specific processes requiring coordination of information with others to provide services and resolve problems.
- Coordinates administrative matters for the portfolio (e.g. invoice processing, maintaining supply inventory and purchasing supplies and equipment, contracts, purchasing card reconciliation, human resource forms, travel coordination, attendance coordination, onboarding and off boarding).
- Provides routine generic inbox management including: Checking inbox for incoming mail; developing standard operating procedure(s) for the management of inboxes, forwarding incoming mail to the correct staff for follow-up or responding directly where appropriate; organize emails in inbox as per operating procedure(s).
- Arranges scheduling and logistics of virtual and in person meetings and provides general meeting support working with other administrative assistants to find available times for meeting participants, setting up in person or virtual meetings (e.g., room bookings, set up online meetings via Skype, Zoom); distributing meeting materials; printing materials when requested.
- Provides support to department/portfolio committees including coordinating agenda, materials and taking minutes
- Support with routine document management tasks (e.g., providing reference support using RefWorks; supporting AODA requirements; merging documents as needed; ensuring documents are stored on SharePoint in the appropriate folder/site).
- Establishes and/or maintains filing and related office systems containing letters, memoranda, reports, minutes, regulatory records, or clients' files including managing various SharePoint sites
- Monitors and maintains lists for the various teams within the portfolio (e.g., generic team/department email accounts; contact lists using specialized software (e.g., within the Stakeholder Relationship Management system).
- Provides email, calendar, word processing, spreadsheet and related services utilizing specialized software/technology to support the delivery of administrative services including searching, accessing, manipulating, verifying and setting up data and maintaining systems.
- Contributes to, and provides input into unit business processes/ procedures.
- Provides vacation coverage and back-up support to team members during peak periods , such as data entry or processing of forms, knowledge product formatting, French translation coordination and provides coverage for the main reception area as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills-
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with online meeting platforms (e.g. Zoom)
- Knowledge of program specific administrative processes, practices, and procedures to provide a range of administrative services in support of service/program delivery.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of various general office and specialized software (spreadsheet, accounts, database management, document management).
Education and Experience-
- Completion of a post-secondary administrative assistant program. (Diploma)
- Three years of related administrative support experience.
Attributes and Competencies-
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills to respond to calls, liaise with staff across the unit/department/organization.
- Written communication skills to review/edit documents for formatting, grammar and spelling inconsistencies and correct issues
- Organizational skills to arrange logistics of meetings, coordinate work flow and coordinate other administrative matters.
- Works within administrative procedures, corporate administrative guidelines, and unit/department performance standards.
- Determines own work priorities and solves problems in support of ongoing tasks, which at times, requires review and assessment of materials for accuracy and problem resolution.
- Ensures quality of service delivery that has a direct impact on programs and involves the preparation of various program specific materials.
- Ensures responses to inquiries provide accurate details and advice regarding program procedures and office practices.
- Discusses resolution of problems that cannot be handled on own with the Manager.