Term positions for Management and Professionals
The core of our offering is to find, teach and develop entrepreneurs at McGill. This involves engaging with students, staff and faculty across all of McGill as well as numerous external stakeholders, including alumni, donors, funders and other parts of the Entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship (DCE), the incumbent will be responsible for external and internal communications management, along with supporting the program managers and coordinators in the development and delivery of extra-curricular entrepreneurship programming and content for the McGill Dobson Centre for Entrepreneurship.
The incumbent will oversee all aspects of the centre’s digital presence as well as the digital communications and marketing activities. This role involves ensuring that the centre’s website is optimized across all platforms, ensures consistent branding and messaging, and coordinates regular updates with each program, event and important news item.
- Oversee the maintenance of all social platforms (Envoke, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, ..) as well as the website content of the Centre; conceptualize new design and content, and implement changes in alignment with the centre’s activities and strategic priorities.
- Work closely with all Program Managers and Coordinators in support of the Centre’s activities; from the planning stage, to preparing and sharing promotional materials, helping out during the events (online or on campus)
- Work closely with the Director and program managers to plan, create and format digital content (text, videos, graphics/photos) across digital platforms
- Write and edit all promotional material in both French and English, oversee direct mailing and other promotional activities as well as assist with creative assignments and revisions of content created by other contributors.
- Contribute in the creation of strategic documents such as annual donor report, reporting to the government and grant proposal writing
- Manage and update in an on-going manner both our Startup database and our Community database
- Optimize all social content in relation to its analytics
- As Content Strategist, oversee all aspects of the centre’s website: text, design, navigation/structure, digital assets, and coordinate new content when required, ensuring that it adheres to Faculty guidelines and standards.
- Act as a liaison function with other University units and with external organizations.
- Act as a liaison function with Dobson alumni and donors
- Is key contact and resource person to student clubs, and other communities internal and external to the University.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports team with the execution of programs, events, competitions and services by establishing priorities and ensure efficiency and quality of output
Participate in the unit's overall strategy, by providing insights and analytics to ensure continued growth and success of the DCE's long-term strategy; lead, direct and approve the strategic selection tools and software to support the communication platforms, IT infrastructure and operations at the DCE.
Foster and maintain business relationships with academics and other stakeholders to build networks both domestically and internationally and participate in these events as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Three (3) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and French, a requirement. Experience in digital marketing and communications as well as project management. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and meet tight deadlines. Is able to work independently, highly self-motivated, and proven organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail. Involvement in some aspect with an entrepreneurship community and/or connected to the McGill and Montreal entrepreneurial and/or academic ecosystem a definite asset. Demonstrated ability to work in a MS Office environment using word-processing, databases, spreadsheets and presentation software as well as graphic content creation.
Please apply by Sunday, August 15 at 11:59 P.M. EDT.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.