Job Description :
Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton
We are amid a momentous time for health care in Ontario as we move towards a better connected system that creates more seamless care for patients. Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton is pivotal in this process. Entrusted through our provincial mandate to deliver health care across our region, we are finding better ways to provide services to the 1.2 million people in our communities through the delivery of high quality home and community care.
If you would like to make a fundamental difference, we invite you to bring your passion and knowledge to Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton. Join our dynamic team transforming the local health care system.
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Engagement, the Communications Strategist is responsible for providing strategic communications support for organizational work including developing and delivering communications coaching to senior leadership and staff, as well as to system partners within Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications and Counsel
- Works in partnership with Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton portfolios and teams to develop communications strategies and materials
- Helps internal stakeholders with communications planning and support for writing or editing needs as appropriate.
- Ensures communications are consistent with Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton key organizational messages and visual identity guidelines
- Develops communication collateral materials to highlight Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton programs and initiatives including brochures and key program and service promotional material for various audiences.
- Liaises with portfolios and relevant teams, executives and senior leaders to deliver consistent communications content and strategy to internal and external stakeholders
- Develops storytelling briefs and creates compelling executive presentations
- Research and writes a variety of communications materials that support communications strategy including, newsletters, videos, brochures, letters, memos, bulletins, web content, scripts/speaking points, advertisements and reports as required
- Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
- Provides updates to website and intranet (posting, managing content, etc.)
- Supports large-scale engagements, media events, and campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
- University degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism or Public Affairs (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Accredited Business Communicator (ABC) designation from International Association of Business Communicators or Accredited in Public Relations (APR) from Canadian Public Relations Society an asset
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years related experience in developing and implementing communications tactics; experience must include communications advice
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with knowledge of current communication theories, disciplines, techniques, best practices and planning methods
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with digital communications including social media outreach and content creation
- Excellent knowledge of project management
- Experience with public engagement and facilitation an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (including PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Design expertise is considered an asset
Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
To receive any Home and Community Care Support Services Mississauga Halton document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.