What perks can you expect?:
Pursuit is a global attractions and hospitality company that connects guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable and inspiring experiences and strives to become the world's leading provider of iconic attractions and hospitality experiences.
We deliver rich travel experiences to the global market in iconic destinations through its unique hotels and lodges, recreational attractions, ground transportation services, retail, food and beverage, sightseeing, tours and travel products. Today, the company enjoys strong perennial demand with operations in or adjacent to Banff, Jasper and Waterton Lakes National Parks in Canada, and Glacier and Denali National Parks in the United States in addition to FlyOver Canada in Vancouver, B.C., FlyOver Iceland in Reykjavik, and coming soon
- two new FlyOver attractions in Las Vegas and Toronto. The company is executing an aggressive growth strategy, expanding into multiple geographies and iconic locations that enjoy perennial visitor demand.
We are strengthening and improving our culture, our attractions and our operations to deliver unforgettable guest and staff experiences. We will work hard to refine and execute our strategic plan for the expansion of the business, accelerate profitable revenue growth through strategic capital deployment, drive strong organic growth of our existing businesses, and acquire unique and complementary businesses. We work tirelessly to build a strong entrepreneurial, fun and rewarding culture for our team members.What will you do in this job?:
The Paid Social Media Specialist plans and executes social media advertising for Pursuit lines of business. They are responsible for the implementation, daily management, and optimization of demand generation campaigns. This position will assist with the strategic planning of campaigns, with a focus on data and campaign performance. An eye for detail and a love for data analysis is a must.
Reporting into the Campaigns & Promotions Manager, the Paid Social Media Specialist will work closely with other team members within the Pursuit Marketing team, in addition to collaborating with external subject matter experts to ensure that Pursuit's digital marketing efforts are supporting our vision/mission, growth strategies and revenue targets.
Primary job duties
- Execute Pursuit's social media advertising, including but not limited to: strategic planning, budgeting, campaign administration and reporting
- Manage social ads on platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Spotify, YouTube
- Analyze campaigns and audiences to identify opportunities
- Conduct campaign performance tracking and reporting, and provide optimization recommendations
- Manage budget allocations and bid parameters to deliver the most effective results
- Collaborate with campaign team to ensure social, SEM and Display advertising strategies are complimentary What skills and experience do you need for this job?:
- 2+ years marketing experience with a focus on social advertising
- University degree or college diploma in Marketing, Communications or Tourism is an asset
- Ability to deliver well-researched insights and recommendations on digital campaign strategies
- Competent with Facebook, Facebook Business Manager and Facebook Ads Manager, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Spotify and YouTube.
- Familiar with LinkedIn, Reddit, TikTok and Snapchat is an asset
- In-depth knowledge of current digital marketing best practices, emerging digital technologies and trends
- Competent with Adobe CS is an asset
- Competent with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong ?can-do,? attitude with willingness to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to make decisions, solve problems and exercise good judgment
- Strong commitment to building positive working relationships
- Willingness to work with a geographically dispersed team in a seasonal environment
- Resourceful, with a curiosity to solve problems and create new solutions
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of urgency to complete job duties accurately and in a timely manner
- Sense of humor and ability to ?let things roll' when the unexpected happens
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Hospitality and service-focused mindset including the need to work successfully with both internal and external partners
- Strong sense of prioritization and focus to complete tasks
This list describes at a high level what this job requires, but no job description can anticipate every single task, issue or project that could come up. Pursuit reserves the right to adjust, reduce, add, or change job tasks as needed for the success of the business.
To handle this job successfully, any person hired must be able to perform responsibilities as described. Pursuit will make any reasonable accommodation to help a person with disabilities perform their job.
This job is based in Alberta, Canada and current, legal ability to work in Canada is required.
Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.