Worker Type: Contingent Worker
Group : Internal Communications Department
Job Post End Date: 06/12/2021
About this opportunity :
As a result of Cenovus's combination with Husky Energy, Cenovus has initiated a number of programs to integrate its core business processes and applications from both legacy companies. These programs include Cenovus's SAP/Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), HR information system (HRIS), energy trading and risk management (ETRM)system, as well as related processes and connected applications. The successful integration of these systems is essential for Cenovus's overall business performance.
Reporting to the Sr. Specialist, Organization Development & Business Readiness, the Communication Advisor will be accountable for the development and execution of a cross-program (ERP, HRIS, ETRM and Connected Applications) internal communications and engagement strategy. This position will work directly with the Business Readiness Leads from each program to set communications objectives and strategies, and coordinate tactics required to support the program's overarching business and implementation plans. This position will have a dotted-line reporting to the company's Communications team.
This is a one-year contract term based in our downtown Calgary office.
About Cenovus :
Cenovus Energy Inc. is a Canadian integrated oil and natural gas company. It is committed to maximizing value by sustainably developing its assets in a safe, innovative and cost-efficient manner, integrating environmental, social and governance considerations into its business plans. Operations include oil sands projects in northern Alberta, which use specialized methods to drill and pump the oil to the surface and established natural gas and oil production in Alberta and British Columbia. The company also has 50% ownership in two U.S. refineries. Cenovus shares trade under the symbol CVE and are listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
For more information, visit cenovus.com .
Why we work at Cenovus:
- Safety as a core value
- Competitive compensation
- Volunteering opportunities
- Community Investment activities
- Inclusive work environment
- Career progression/internal mobility opportunities
- Company/team building events
The Communications Advisor will be accountable to:
- Develop and deploy a fit-for-purpose communications & engagement strategy that outlines the key messages, audiences, tactics, channels and plans that support the organization in navigating change and achieve the larger program objectives
- Establish meaningful and effective leadership communications and engagement at all levels of the organization
- Coordinate key communication and engagement events to maximize effectiveness of stakeholder understanding
- Track and measure communication and engagement effectiveness
- In partnership with program Business Readiness Leads, establish effective and high performing partnerships
- Contribute to the team's reputation as a trusted partner among stakeholders and business leaders
In support of the above accountabilities, the Communication Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and execute strategic communication plans that contribute to Cenovus's Integrated Program objectives
- Provide communications advice and guidance to the Cenovus Leadership Team (CLT), senior leaders and internal teams and build relationships with them
- Recommend and implement communication solutions that are right-sized, low-cost and practical
- Recommend and execute communication tactics that improve our culture, internal brand, confidence in leadership and employee morale
- Coordinate, write and develop internal communication materials, including: intranet bulletins and pages, town halls, presentations, speaking notes, key messages, print collateral, videos, speeches, FAQs, digital display content
- Ensure all internal communication materials reflect Cenovus's brand, writing standards and communications standards and align with our strategy and culture
- Act as a liaison between internal clients, the project team and our Communications team
- Provide recommendations for new tools or improvements to existing tools that increase staff engagement
- Coordinate photo and video shoots
- Develop surveys that measure the effectiveness of internal communications and company programs/projects
- Provide communications support for company-wide events (e.g. town halls etc.)
- Manage a variety of internal and external projects as needed that require writing, coordination with designers/vendors, and managing reviews and approvals
- Develop a strong understanding of Cenovus's business, technology and key messaging, and stay informed on company and industry news and issues
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- At least 8-10 years of communications experience in a corporate environment
- Superior writing skills
- Experience working with internal communications, including corporate web and intranet sites
- Exposure to both conventional and digital marketing campaigns
- Video shooting and editing skills would be considered advantageous
- Familiarity with the Canadian oil and gas industries and an understanding of current issues would be beneficial
At Cenovus we embrace diversity of thought, experience and backgrounds to help us make better business decisions, address our challenges, seize opportunities and unlock innovative solutions. We define diversity as the variety of people, including all of the unique attributes of our staff, as well as the variety of ideas within our organization. Building an inclusive workplace by drawing on the skills and talents of a diverse workforce provides Cenovus with a competitive advantage. We believe it's important to maximize the potential of everyone who works for our company and ensure people feel respected, appreciated and heard. We define inclusion as ?diversity in action,' creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection, where various ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed to create business value.
Note: The application deadline for this position is 11:59 PM MT June 11, 2021
This posting represents the desired scope, accountabilities, skills and experience requirements of the job. These requirements may be modified to support business needs. Title and compensation administration will be based on the skills and capabilities of the successful incumbent.
To be considered for a position, please click Apply and create an account or sign in to your Cenovus Careers profile.
Immediately following successful submission of your online application, you will receive an online notification confirming Cenovus's receipt of your resume.
Only those applicants who apply directly to a posted position and are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not accept agency or third-party candidate submissions.
To follow the status of your application, log in to your Cenovus Careers profile and click on the appropriate job under ?My Applications'.
Interested in this opportunity? Click the Apply link below.
If you are a CURRENT EMPLOYEE please apply by going to our Internal Career Site