Refer A Friend
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
Position title: Marketing Specialist Department: National Marketing
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
We currently have an opportunity for a Marketing Specialist, to join our team at the Toronto Corporate Office. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment filled with non-stop action, then this role is for you!
Who you are
You have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to solve problems and can think critically to make the right decisions. You have strong organizational and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What's in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Executives and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on central initiatives.
In addition to following McDonald's policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the National Marketing Manager on Chicken, Sustainability and McDonald's in Walmart categories; responsible for facilitating and influencing the cross-functional team project development process and managing the collaborative process to ensure initiatives are on strategy, approved by all stakeholders and within required timelines
- Strategic support for advertising campaigns and retail promotions; supporting the development of communication briefs and cross-functional briefing presentations with creative thinking, and providing strategic feedback on advertising campaigns and retail promotions (merchandising, mass, digital, social, owned assets & media plans)
- Responsible for internal review and approval of advertising campaigns and retail promotions, to ensure they adhere to brand standards & legal regulations
- Liaison with cross-functional and external teams to lead the execution of marketing campaigns, retail promotions and product launches (Menu, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Operations, Legal and Quality Assurance, Advertising Agency)
- Support the product innovation process including concept development, menu briefs, and consumer research & validation
- Work with Consumer and Business Insights teams to understand category opportunities, consumer needs, and identify opportunities to drive sales and visits
- Marketing lead for Deployment and Restaurant Execution of promotions
- Responsible for developing communication for the field to ensure proper understanding of marketing promotions and flawless execution; includes developing content and presenting on Restaurant Operations Webcasts, developing content for internal website with promotional information, and utilizing internal communication tools to communicate to the field in a timely manner
- War Room lead for marketing promotions; required to gather key information from each team on the success of the promotion and facilitate the War Room discussion; provide follow up action items and communication, and facilitate any post-promotion recap required to support future promotions
- Support of admin duties: billing, file management, ensuring campaign & project background information are saved & archived for easy reference
- 3-5 years of marketing experience in consumer retail or service marketing
- Ability to work in fast-paced and multi-functional matrix organizations is an asset
- Digitally savvy with understanding in how to reach consumers in a social world
- The education: Post-secondary education with a focus on Marketing, Business or related discipline
- Technical skills: Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Collaborative and communication skills: Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with management, staff, and external partners.
- Innovative problem-solving skills: Critical thinker and ability to escalate when assistance is needed in a timely manner.
- Project management experience: Organized with the ability to make critical decisions to execute project activities without error. Detail oriented with the ability to work independently, and with others in the context of a team.
McDonald's Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.